Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

How to send BB Bold to standby-modus

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I have some different Blackberrys in use, mostly BB 8310 and 8800. Both of those models have the option press-button to send them to standby-modus. However, new Blackberry Bold seems not to have this option.  Just to bee clear, I know that putting it in to Holster it works, but there are people who do not want to use Holster at all.  Does anybody know if by BB Bold the standby-modus option exists at all?  Thanks,  

buzuku 

Message Edited by buzuku on 09-16-2008 01:42 PM
Message Edited by buzuku on 09-16-2008 01:43 PM
Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9000
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: How to send BB Bold to standby-modus

If you just want to put it into standby, simply hold the Mute button (right on the top of the phone). =)

I don't understand this response.  When I click on the button on the top of the BlackBerry as was described previously that must mutes a call when I am on that call.  How does it show that it's in "Standby-modus" mode?  What should I look for?
New Contributor

Press it when you are not on a call and it will go to stand by mode.

New Contributor

What do I do if entering standby in this manner no longer works?
Contributor

In my case it was necessary(!) to have synchronisation completed. Then it worked, just keeping Stand-by button pressed for few 3 to 5 Seconds. Then the Device takes another 10 Seconds to go to stand-by. To leave stand-by you have to press the same button again.

Greetings,

buzuku
Contributor

The screen will slowly go black when it's entering stand by mode.  No keys will work until you press the mute button again.
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Precisely!  My standby/mute button doesn't work.  I've taken it to a repair center and they advised that it needs a particular part that is not available in the U.S.  I've tried calling Blackberry and gotten absolutely no where.  I own the phone outright.  The dealer I bought it from is out of business.  My carrier T-Mobile doesn't support this model.  Blackberry has demonstrated no interest whatsoever in solving the problem for me.  So now what do I do???????

Contributor

See this Link:

http://www.ehow.com/how_6143026_sleep-mode-blackberry-curve-8900.html

If it doesn't help, try try a hard reset (take the battery out while your Blackberry is running).