Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: 9850
My Carrier: Sprint

How to setup BlackBerry 9850 and Outlook 2010

I have a user using a BlackBerry 9850, his email is setup using a pop account on his Outlook 2010 and on his

BlackBerry. He ended up trying to synch to his Outlook 2010 so he can get all his contacts onto his phone but managed to lose all contacts. I will be stopping by to help him. What is needed to ONLY synch properly?

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Rotary Phone

Re: How to setup BlackBerry 9850 and Outlook 2010

Click on the e-mail account, then the blackberry button, click on options.  Goto, Email Account Management and select the e-mail account.  Click the trackpad, select Edit.   Scroll down to, Synchronization Options and check, Contacts, then save.

Let me know if this helps.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

Re: How to setup BlackBerry 9850 and Outlook 2010

I don't believe the above suggestions will work as your user is using a pop3 account.

To sync his contacts (and calendar if wanted) he should just need to install Blackberry Desktop Manager (www.blackberry.com/desktop), plug his phone into his computer and follow the setup instructions if this is the first time he connected his phone.

If he has connected it before, you will find the sync options on the left hand side and thesetup wizard is fairly self explanatory.