Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

How to stop receiveing emails from email account?

Hi have a new pearl 8110.  I have it thru AT&T.  I have it configured thru BES.  I receive work emails thru the BES.  I was experimenting with the personal email and set it up to receive emails from my personal earthlink email account.  I decided I do not like that set up since I am unable to set the BB up so that work and personal emails go to separate folders (the personal ones will go to a separate folder and the general email folder and the work emails go to the general folder only).

At any rate, I want to delete the earthlink email account from the BB.  I deleted it from the servicebook, but I still am getting emails?

Any idea how to remedy this so that the earthlink emails stop showing up?

Thanks.

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Curve 8900

Re: How to stop receiveing emails from email account?

I suggest logging in to your wireless carrier's BIS web site and removing it from there. Or, you could access the Manage Internet E-mail icon on your device and remove the account from there.
New Contributor

JeremyKitching wrote:
Or, you could access the Manage Internet E-mail icon on your device and remove the account from there.

Thanks.

How do I access the "Manage Internet E-mail" icon on my device?  I do not seem to be able to find it?

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Curve 8900

It might also say Setup Internet E-mail too, or something like that. Basically just go back to the location where you set up the account in the first place and then delete it from there.
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Go to E-mail Settings icon on your home screen. Login using the user name and password (if passoword used while setting initial setup).  Go to Email Accounts under services and hit the delete button under the email ID that you want to delete.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor

Excellent....that worked.

My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: I don't know what you want?

I have the Bold 9700 BB and I also want to stop my e-mail accounts to be send to my BB from gmail. How can I manage to do it. I have stood on the e-mail icon and pressed the bb button to prompt hide and now also I can not find the icon to work from there and the e-mails keeps on being received on the BB.

Please can somebody assist me...