Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Telkomsel
Accepted Solution

How to switch Blackberry ID in my torch?

Hi,

I had a Blackberry bold 9790 and it is currently being fixed. Because of that, my friend lended his old Blackberry torch to me.  When I turned it on, it is logged in as his Blackberry ID. How can I switch accounts? I have already placed my 9790 Memory Card to the torch. But I still dont get my BBM Contacts. A solution would be great.

thanks

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Passport/ Curve 9320

Re: How to switch Blackberry ID in my torch?

Hi! Welcome to the forums.

First, You need to wipe your friends device to be able to log-in using your BlackBerry ID credentials.

But if you do this, I suggest to backup your friends data using BlackBerry Desktop Manager first.

Follow this KB on how to back up using desktop manager http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB12487&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&d...

Then here's how to do a security wipe http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB14058&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&d...

Good luck! Smiley Happy
New Contributor

Hi, 

I have done what you told me to do. But I put out the memory card before I wipe everything out as I DO NOT want anything lost from it. I checked the first 2 boxes in the security wipe options, and typed Blackberry. It restarted normally. But I dont see a Blackberry ID Login screen? All i see is a video showing off the Torch. And it brings me to the setup menu which doesnt show me the BB ID login screen. Any solutions?

Thanks

Forums Veteran I

Try heading to the BlackBerry Protect app and log-in using your BlackBerry ID.

Keep us posted Smiley Happy
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Click if you want to Thank someone. If Problem is resolved, so that others can make use of it.
New Contributor

Hi, Thanks it actually works. But how can I transfer the BBM Contacts from my broken blackberry to the torch?
Forums Veteran I

Download the latest BBM and it will be restored using your BlackBerry ID

New Contributor

Hi,

thanks man, it actually works

Forums Veteran I

You're welcome. Glad I was able to help.

Take care Smiley Happy
_____________________________________________________________________________________________
Click if you want to Thank someone. If Problem is resolved, so that others can make use of it.