Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Etisalat

How to sync Outlook from a Blackberry Backup

I had bought a Blackberry Bold 9900 two weeks ago. Yesterday, the phone refused to turn on after a full night's charge. Tried reinstalling the OS and backup, but nothing worked. Since its under warranty, gave it back to the dealer. All my contacts were in the phone. I have a backup of it.

Is it possible to retrieve the contacts from the backup to MS Outlook? (outlook 2007)

Carrier: Etisalat

Equipment: Bold 9900

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: How to sync Outlook from a Blackberry Backup

short answer is No... Blackberry uses an ipd file that is not recognized by Outlook. Your provider or where ever you bought the phone should have been able to transfer your contacts to the new phone. I'm curious... If the contacts were in your phone, were they not already synched with your Outlook?

New Contributor

Actually, I had a Blackberry Storm 9500 and i bought a new Bold 9900. So i just used to Blackberry Desktop Manager to switch all the data to the new device. Never synced it with MS Outlook

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

I'm confused.

When you say you backed up your other 9900, did you do the backup using Desktop Manager?  If your contacts are in Outlook, you can sync your device with your Outlook contacts and get them back that way.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
Contributor

Boy I'm confused as well.

You stated  "Is it possible to retrieve the contacts from the backup to MS Outlook? (outlook 2007)"

So tell us do you currently use Outlook? Because as the previous post says, you can synch Outlook 2007 using the desktop manager.

I do it everyday. 

New Contributor

Yes I backed up the Bold 9900 using Blackberry Dekstop Manager. Now the Bold just died on me and have been given to the dealer. All my contacts were in the phone and i didnt sync it with my outlook

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: AT&T

Okay, well it's good you did the backup with DM, then.

You can restore your data from that backup using the following instructions:

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB10339

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."
New Contributor

To All.

I've got it done. I used a software called MagicBerry 3.0 (its a freeware). This software split the .ipd file into contacts, tasks, sms and then synced only the contacts with MS outlook....thank you for all your support.

Contributor

Congratulations! I will have to check that software out.

thanks for posting back

Highlighted
My Device: curve
My Carrier: docomo

How to sync Outlook from a Blackberry Backup

Hello There,

You can syncronization the Outlook by aadding the PST files to the particular location where the installed files are saved. Better before you do all this thing, you can create  backup Outlook contacts so that if something goes wrong then your files may be kept saved. Create backup using software will be very easy, firstly download the software and later procced with the syncronization.

Regards

Laine