Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

How to tell a Fake Blackberry battery

Hi,

I have recently purchased a couple of replacement C-S2 batteries for my Blackberry Curve 8310.  The ones which I have received are different to the original one (although being sold as Genuine Blackberry) as they have smooth labels on them (the original one is textured) and when they are inserted the "Invalid battery" sign comes on the display.  I have purchased these from a reputable dealer with an Ebay store and if they are fake woulod nlike to report them as selling fake goods.  Is there any definitive way to rell if a battery is a Genuine Blackberry battery?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Bob McLeod

Forums Veteran I
My Device: 8900

Re: How to tell a Fake Blackberry battery

Well I'd say if it doesn't say blackberry on it, its a no go, but keep in mind diffrent blackberry's have diffrent batteries.  If i take my battery from my 8700 and put it in my 8800, it fits, but it wont turn on, just gives me a battery symbol.

If someone helped you give them kudos. Research all info!
My Device: Not Specified

The Battery says Blackberry on it and it 'looks' like the real deal (ie same colours etc as the original).  Its the same model number as the one I already have in the phone, but like I say its not quite the same feel (texture) on the outside. It 'Feels' cheap compared to the original.
My Device: curve 8310
My Carrier: Andrew Carey

today i bought one of these batteries for my 8310 and straight away i saw that it was a slightly darker shade than the origional. then when i felt it i could feel it was smooth where the origional was textured. when i inserted the battery and plugged it in to charge an image came on the screen of a battery with a red line through it. at first i thought it just ment low battery but after hours of it being on charge it is still the same. i think these slightly darker and smoothe batteries are fake and do not work in blackberrys. - post if you know any more

My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: Vodafone

I bought one on Ebay which simply said Battery on it rather than Blackberry wih logo. Worked OK for a while then began to swell.