Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8320
My Carrier: Movistar

How to tell if wifi is connected

Hello! I am having a very hard time connecting to the internet via wifi on my BB curve.

Wifi is turned on and it says I am connected when I do a wifi network search. However, the wifi logo at the top right of the homwscreen is grey. When I go to manage connections it it has a check mark next to wifi and then my network name but the button on the right is yellow with a "-" (line) through it rather than a check mark?

Does this mean it is connected or isn't? I am so confused.

Sometimes I am able to browse but most of the time I simply get this message:

Unable to connect to the internet, pleae try agian later.

What am I doing wrong?

Highlighted
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Curve 8520 OS v5.0.0.681
My Carrier: Orange UK

Re: How to tell if wifi is connected

Hi

You may be aware that BB have had some Wi-Fi issues which could cause the problem, although these may be solved now.

If you are successfully connected to Wi-Fi, then the Wi-Fi symbol will be bright black and white. If its grey, it is not connected.

Blackberry Best Advice - Back-up weekly

If I have helped you please check the "Kudos" star on the right >>>>
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8320
My Carrier: Movistar

Re: How to tell if wifi is connected

Thanks for your kind response! I am still getting grey wifi.....After reading some other posts I am beginning to think that perhaps the problem is my router? I have wireless through my cable company. My laptop connects fine, and I was actually able to connect my BB once or twice...but I don't know what I did!