Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Torch 9810
My Carrier: Ufone Pakistan

How to transfer contacts from Android to Torch

I want to transfer all my contacts from my Dell Streak (Anroid 2.2 Froyo) to my new phone BB Torch 9810.

Is there anything to do that?

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9810 and Blackberry Curve 9320
My Carrier: DU

Re: How to transfer contacts from Android to Torch

You can save all your contacts on your sim card. 

Then on your BB go to Contacts -> click the menu key and select Copy all to Contacts

Click on "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved so other people on the community can quickly find and solve the similar problems they are facing. To give thanks, click on thumbs up
Contributor

But on my sim card there not enough space to save all my contacts is there any app on android to sync my contacts on web. I have google sync on torch but I can't find it on android market
Regular Contributor

You can use the "Switch Device" option on Blackberry device manager. When you click it, it ask you to connect your old phone (in this case your Dell Android) it copies the data mainly your contacts from your Dell and then ask you to connect your BB and choose which data to copy to your Blackberry

Click on "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved so other people on the community can quickly find and solve the similar problems they are facing. To give thanks, click on thumbs up
Contributor

Should I connect my devices to my pc¿
Regular Contributor

Ya.

Run the Blackberry desktop manager. On the Device menu choose "Switch Device"

Then connect your Dell Android

And follow the instructions 

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

another way is through outlook.

Sync. all your contacts to Microsoft outlook from your Droid.

Once done, disconnect your android and connect your BB and open your Blackberry software manager.

Then click on "Organizer" on the left side and click "Configure settings". On the "configure settings" click "setup" and choose "address book.

A new window opens again and choose "Microsoft Outlook" as your sync. follow the instruction until the setup is completed. The configure setting windows closes automatically. 

Then click the "Sync." button on the bottom right hand corner and it will sync. your contact with the contact saved from the Android

Hope this will help you 

Contributor

Ok guys I will try it and let u kniw if any problem. Thanks everyone
My Device: 9810
My Carrier: telkomsel

Regular Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

am347 wrote:

You can use the "Switch Device" option on Blackberry device manager. When you click it, it ask you to connect your old phone (in this case your Dell Android) it copies the data mainly your contacts from your Dell and then ask you to connect your BB and choose which data to copy to your Blackberry

I don't think this will work.  Doesn't 'Switch Device' only work if both devices are Blackberries?