Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

How to transfer photos videos to computer from phone

Since i cannot upgrade my phone due to lack of memory how do I tranfer photos and video from my phone to the computer?  How do I make the default storage for media my memory card instead of the phone's memory?

How do I search the blackberry forum for Storm without having to post like this.  The only option i could see for searching was to search the entire forum for all phones which is not what I wanted to do....

Solutions: 6,329
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: How to transfer photos videos to computer from phone

Are the pictures and videos on your phone--on your phone or the Media Card? Either use the Media Manager in Desktop Manager, or enable Mass Storage mode on your Media Card.

I don't understand the lack of memory problem for the upgrade, if you could elaborate on that, someone might be able help you troubleshoot that.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

I am having the same problem.  When it told me to upgrade my phone yesterday I scheduled the upgrade for 2:00 am this morning.  When I woke up, it told me that it needed 51mb of memory in order to upgrade. I have an 8 gig memory card, but right now all of my photos from my old phone are stored on this phone.  How do I transfer the photos to the memory card instead of the phone so that I can make sure the phone has enough space?

- Laura

New Contributor

I found an article that helped me set the default to save my photos to the memory card:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB14320&sliceId=1&docTy...

Although I still can't figure out how to transfer the photos I already have on there to the memory card. 

New Contributor

For updating phone, I had that problem when I tried to do it wirelessly even though I really had plenty of memory on the device.  So here is everything I did on both issues--updating device and photos to solve problems.  Likely that not all steps were necessary but whatever.

1. pull battery out and restart your phone
  2. update the phone using the desktop manager versus the wireless update
  3. go to camera and select options from menu and confirm that "store photos" is set to "on media card"
  4. go to options on main/homepage of device and open memory
  5. for "auto enable mass storage mode when connected" click "prompt" ( I was having problem where my media manager was greyed out and I could  not access it in in the desktop manager) and by selecting prompt it allowed me access to the photos via folder on "My Computer"--the F or G drive
  6. hook up your device via USB to computer, click on yes--turn on mass storage mode and then open up "My Computer" and click on F drive and click on blackberry and click on pictures.
  7. drag and drop photos from your my pictures file on computer to your blackberry photos folder or vice versa as desired

Again my update occured smoothly when using desktop manager when looked for latest updates as a default on opening it.

Hope that helped.  Also check out MyCaption.com I'm using it prob about 5x/day--so helpful when driving.  I'm not associated with then in any way.

jay

JustNewListings.com

New Contributor

I will try your steps when I get home.  Although I'm not sure if anything will be different because I am running on a Macintosh. 

Thanks for the input!

wanted to see if you figured out how to transfer photos and videos to the computer from the Storm....I had the same question. thanks
New Contributor

I am having trouble getting the Media Manager to see the photo files in the Device Memory.  It finds the files on the media card just fine, but will not show the files located in Device Memory.
Contributor
My Device: Storm 9530

1. In device Menu select 'Media'

2. Select 'Pictures'

3. Select 'All Pictures'

4. Select Photo(s) you want to move from device memory to your memory card

5. Press BB Menu button then select 'Move'

6. Press BB Menu button and select 'Explore'

7. Select 'Media Card'

8. Menu pops up and select 'Move Into'

You can check to make sure the image was moved to the media card by selecting the photo just moved, then press the BB Menu button, then select 'Properties'.  It will show the path, including 'Media Card' at top.  There 'may be' a faster/different way of doing it, but the above works.

Bob

New Contributor

What is the trick to selecting more than one photo at a time, or selecting all photos at once?