Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: blackberry curve 9360
My Carrier: No carrier

How to unlock a blackberry (MEP) code

Hello peepz,
Does anybody has an idea of how i can unlock my blackberry bold 9700(T-mobile) free of charge sent to me from my uncle from the UK........Please I really need ur help
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: How to unlock a blackberry (MEP) code

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please see this helpful post:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Just make sure you and sdgardne are talking about the same thing.  If your phone is locked to a carrier and you wish to unlock it for use on another carrier, sdgardne's link will help but that's not the MEP code you're unlocking.  If you tried to access the device too many times with an incorrect code and it's now locked, that's the MEP code and the only way to have it unlocked is to contact RIM because they are the only ones who can do that for you.

I hope that clears things up.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

That is an excellent point...if the unlock attempt has has already been unsuccessfully entered 10 times, then there is nothing that can be done to unlock it now...it is "hard locked" to it's original carrier, and only the RIM factory can unlock it again, even in one now has a valid unlock code.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: 8662419892

you doubt that link or what?
Regards,
Click here at Techmajesty to unlock Blackberry
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9780
My Carrier: AT&T

No one can give you mep code for free. and dont try to enter mep code from phone to another. because it will block your blackberry. if you want to unlock your blackberry only use trusted sites. order your Blackberry  mep code here this site charge very reasonable price.
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: t-mobile

whyteheart wrote:
Hello peepz,
Does anybody has an idea of how i can unlock my blackberry bold 9700(T-mobile) free of charge sent to me from my uncle from the UK........Please I really need ur help

I was not able to get a free unlock for the mobile model that you have specified.I suggest you can approach  and specify the country,locked network of Blackberry Bold 9700.based on the availability you can get the unlock code along with free instructions.

My Device: blackberry curve 9300
My Carrier: 4.3.0.85

Ahlo