Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 9330 curve
My Carrier: sprint

Re: How to use Blackberry as Wireless Router?

if you have password protected your 9330 curve, disable this option in Security Options and then your phone should enter into Modem Mode and then provide Wifi via the PHS300 cradlepoint router.  I have successfully done this as of today.

--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​--------------------------------------------------​----

We are talking about wireless modem funtionality, not tethering by a cable.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Not clueless as to understanding what the topic is about, I was just providing an alternative as this topic has clearly stated in several previous posts that it's inherently not possible w/ the BB devices.  I was however indicating an alternate work around that does convert the BB data into wifi w/ this device (PHS300).  Yes it does require the BB to be tethered to the PHS300 so in essence it not wireless persay as to the topic, but gives you wifi capability via the BB itself.

My Device: Balckberry Curve 8900
My Carrier: Cable&Wireless

At last , OS 7.1 has the capabilities of making your blackberry into a wifi router! No need to use ibluever to tether your wifi only ipad. Got up to 3mb with 4G!
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Thanks for the info.

Meanwhile i configured my bb9900 to sync calendar, contacts via bluetooth with my outlook/exchange.

If the wifi-router speed is as good as you write, there´s no need to change my smartphone.

I still hope, that the update zo os 7.1 comes asap.

Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: O2

No phone can do this. And to be honest if you dont like a blackberry then blackberry dont like you. Blackberry rely on all of its customers who believe in them. So if your just gonna bitch about it then. go get an iPhone and then i hope the autocorrect gets on your nerves

New Contributor
My Device: 9330 curve
My Carrier: sprint

@Stryp3z

such a useless post...I'm not even sure my reply is worthy.

Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: O2

Well Dont Complain then Smiley Very Happy
My Device: 0

Hello,

This thread is getting a little off-topic. Could we please bring the discussion back to How to use Blackberry as Wireless Router?.

Thanks!”

Chronos                                                                                                      New to the Community click here  
Community Moderator
Likes2.png  AS3.png  CG2.png
My Device: bold
My Carrier: 4746611024

no. you obviously dont get what a router is. with the Iphone you get to do so much more. you can connect up to 8devices on your internet network, using hotspot. get info before you post. Iphone is the best phone out there right now. blackberry is behind brands like LG, i mean LG hahahaha! 

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

fredericnorway wrote:

no. you obviously dont get what a router is. with the Iphone you get to do so much more. you can connect up to 8devices on your internet network, using hotspot. get info before you post. Iphone is the best phone out there right now. blackberry is behind brands like LG, i mean LG hahahaha! 

I'm not sure why you're telling us this.  OS 7.1 on BlackBerry phones allows users to use their BlackBerry as a Wi-Fi router with up to five devices (it might be more, I could be wrong).  Why are you telling us what the iPhone can do?  These are BlackBerry forums.  The initial post was asking how to use a BLACKBERRY as a Wi-Fi router.

If you have suggestions for BlackBerry users, feel free to post them.  Otherwise......................

We now return you to the BLACKBERRY forums.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor
My Device: 9000
My Carrier: Bouygues telecom

Hi from France,

I am about to renew my fleet of 24 BOLD 9700 to TORCH 9860. Going through the forum makes me nervous because I need to be able to use my BB as Wifi Router. This function is now basic builtin every Android 2.2 phones.

Should I carry on to renew with 9860 ?