Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: Orange

How to use applications connecting throuh BBserver?

Hello,

I am using BIS service which as you know lets me use internet browser and e-mail. I would like to know if the applications on BB (like FB, for example) are using BIS to connect with internet or do I have to pay extra to my carrier? How to set the phone that it will always connect through BlackBerry server while using any applications?

Thank you for your time.
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: How to use applications connecting throuh BBserver?

Most application does that unless the apps connectivity is set to 'auto detection' or anything other then BIS.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor

Thank you for answer. How do I check the setting. It is my first BB and I am still a bit lost.
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

If you have a proper BlackBerry data plan with your carrier and you've sent the service books to your phone, everything on your BlackBerry will function and it will be included with your monthly contract.  You're actually getting a good deal, because RIM compresses all data before shooting it out to your phone.  So you're getting more data for your buck than if you had any other brand of smartphone on the market.

I hope that clears things up for you.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

New Contributor

I do have the right data plan, and I am hoping that everything is included in the monthly contract. I guess I will find out at the end of the month.
Highlighted
Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

You could always contact Orange for clarification, but generally when you sign up for a monthly BlackBerry data plan, it includes everything BlackBerry-related.  In that package is an allotment of data, say perhaps 500 MB, for you to use for surfing, sending texts, emails, BBM, facebook, etc.  I'm not sure what your allotment is, but mine is 500 MB and the most I've ever used in a month is 28 MB.

I hope that clears things up for you.  If not, let us know.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.