Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Bmobile, TSTT, Trinidad and Tobago

How to work BBM for Android if still a BBM user on a BB Z10?

Ok here is the thing, I still use my Z10 and I also have a Samsung Galaxy X; that I use for work, so now that I can get BBM on Android, if I use my existing BBID, will it generate a new pin for my Android device or should I use my work email, to create a whole new account, to differentiate between devices?

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: How to work BBM for Android if still a BBM user on a BB Z10?

I'd recommend, and assume this is how it will have to work, to use a different email address. If you used the same account and still actively use BBM on z10 and the Galaxy X then things could get confusing as to where to send the messages as I don't believe you can use two devices with the same account.

Feel free to give this a try and see what happens. If things start failing, there should be an option on the Galaxy X to sign out and then you can resign in with a new account if needed.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Bmobile, TSTT, Trinidad and Tobago

Re: How to work BBM for Android if still a BBM user on a BB Z10?

Thanks and it makes sense, I was just hoping that I didn't have to create a new account and that I could simply manage all the devices via one account. I was assuming that you could request a PIN for another device and manage them as separate devices through one account and seeing as how I also have a Playbook, then if I were to download and install the BBM for Android on that device; if it would work, I would be forced to use/create another email.