Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9630
My Carrier: Vodafone

How to ynchronise non-media files on a curve 9360?

How can I sychronise files such as word and excel documents between my windows 7 pc and my blackberry 9360?  With my last blackberry, I used 'documents to go' from dataviz, but this does not work with a 9360. The current blackberry desktop software allows files to be copied, but doesn't seem to support automatic synchronisation.  I don't want to use the cloud (e.g.dropbox) as I don't always have internet access, and microsoft's 'briefcase' system doesn't seem to work properly either

Any help will be gratefully received - perhaps I'm missing something obvious!

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: How to ynchronise non-media files on a curve 9360?

Hi aylmer,

Auto synchronization of documents is not an available feature for the BlackBerry smartphone.  You would be required to transfer the documents via Mass Storage mode when plugged into your computer.

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9630
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: How to synchronise non-media files on a curve 9360?

Hello

Many thanks for that response, which at least confirms what I suspected.

This is very disappointing, though - by enabling System 7 blackberries to create MS Office files from scratch, RIM has removed the incentive from Dataviz to support Documents To Go Files on the latest BlacBerries, and has thus deprived users like me of this valuable functionality.   BlackBerry built its reputation on providing a business tool - so why does it now allow its customers to synchronise their media playlists, but not their business documents?

Assuming that you have closer links with RIM than I do, could you please pass on this suggestion for a future improvement of the Blackberry Desktop software?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: How to synchronise non-media files on a curve 9360?

I sure can! Smiley Happy

Thanks for the request!

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!