Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

How would I transfer contact list to outlook or to file so I could print hard copy of it.

Basically subject line says it all. I would like to export contact list from phone to outlook express and or to a file that i could print a hard copy of. Is this possible? I have a day planner program that is on my computer that I would like to add all contacts from my phone to.
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Re: How would I transfer contact list to outlook or to file so I could print hard copy of it.

To transfer all the contacts in your device to the outlook in your pc you need sync your blackberry with the pc using Blackberry Desktop Manager.

Here is the link to download Desktop Manager

http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: How would I transfer contact list to outlook or to file so I could print hard copy of it.

Check this link ABC Amber BlackBerry Converter.

You can convert your SMS and then take prints as well. But you have perform these task after having a Backup of your device data in your PC.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor

I have had the BB manager installed. But my back up file is unreadable by ay program on my computer. I don't understand how I would convert it to a file that can be read by lets say outlook express or even a simply word document so printing contact list woud be possible.
Forums Veteran III
My Device: Bold - T-mobile

Where you have your contacts backup, in which program or file?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I help you with any inquire, thank you for click kudos in my post.
If your issue has been solved, please mark the post was solved.
Contributor

If you don't have Outlook or Excel you are going to have to use ASCII to output the file to notepad when you set up

Synchronization chose ASCII and chose Notepad as the place to output the file.

New Contributor

it goes to a file called   backup-(date of back up).ipd  for example here is latest back upfile name;

Backup-(2009-02-21).ipd  I see a post  from someone about sending file to specific loaction when synchronizing. I will try that.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry bold
My Carrier: t mobile family plan

I proceeded with the download and now can not find it.  Please assist.  I want to put my contact list from the blackberry to my pc.  don't have directions on how to do this because now I can't find it.

thanks