Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

Howdy - Vlingo questions

[ Edited ]

Hey, y'all...just gettin' started with this gizmo. Have purchased VLingo and found it disappointing at best. Any of y'all have any experience with this software? Premise is supposed to allow voice recognition email and text. So far...not very much success.

Anyway...lookin' forward to tips and tricks.

Y'all take care.

Message Edited by dany_s on 07-15-2009 05:22 PM
Elite I
My Device: STORM 9550 Verizon <><

Re: Howdy

Cowboy WelcSmiley Happyme to the cSmiley Happymmunity suppSmiley Happyrt fSmiley Happyrums

We are glad you are here and will help you all we can!!  

Smiley Happy Smiley Happy Nurse-Berry Smiley Happy Smiley Happy
Follow NurseBerry08 on Twitter
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Howdy - Vlingo questions

Howdy, olcowboy.

I haven't purchased the full version, but have been playing with the lite version over the past few days. I LOVE it. Have you already read through the "What You Can Say" doc that comes with the app? I found that very helpful. I also changed my search engine to Google, and I just say "Search xxxxx" and it jumps straight to Google search results (bypassing menu, browser, and typing). Also, since I can't text anyone who doesn't have vlingo, I usually just recite my text message, and then copy/paste into a real SMS. I've found that if I speak slowly and loudly, and wait for the app to start "Listening" before I speak, it's pretty accurate. That way, I can safely "text" while driving, because vlingo types it all out for me.

Hope you can get it to work properly for you!!