Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I CAN'T CONNECT TO THE INTERNET ON MY BOLD 9000

Please I need help,I am here at saudi arabia and I purchased a BB Bold 9000,but I can't connect to the internet,and I know my settings are wrong,but i can't change it(at the browse configuration), I search the site of my network,there is a message that required a software installation,because my network was also selling a BB and i purchased it only to the m obile store not at my network,somebody there knows what software needs to install and how to install it?thank you very much please help me
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Re: I CAN'T CONNECT TO THE INTERNET ON MY BOLD 9000

Are you trying to use wi-fi to connect to the internet? If not, do you have a BlackBerry Data Plan from your carrier?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor

My wi-fi is good sir, the internet of my network is my problem,i can't connect it because i can't change my settings,but i really guess there is something missing with my BB. Sir I really dont know about the BB plan, if u excuse sir may i know what is that plan?thank you sir for the replied
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold

Where did you purchase your phone in USA/Canada and from which service provider or store?

Are you trying to use it in Saudi Arabia and what is the name of your service provider?

Why can't you change the settings, are setting grayed out? 

You need to have "Data Plan" in order to surf the internet on your phone, send\receive email.....

If you don't have data plan you will not be able to surf the internet unless using wifi!
If I helped you please give me Kudos!!
Elite I
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

Yes if you contact your carrier you can check to see if you have a BlackBerry data plan
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
New Contributor

sure I am willing to give a kudos for anyone can help me. Carrier? means is that my network(service provider)? Im sorry if i did'nt get the meaning of your term sir, I purchased this BB bold 9000 here at Saudi Arabia, actually my network has a promo for the BB bold that worth of 2,575 saudi riyals and my BB was worth only 2,050 saudi riyals, its a big difference. How to get that Data Plan sir? Is that a software? or what is that sir? Thank you sir

New Contributor

Sir the carrier you talking about is that my network(service provider)? Then what should i tell to my carrier if i contact them?Thank you very much sir
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold

Yes the carrier is the service provider...

You should contact your service provider (carrier) and ask them if you are on "data plan"?. If not, mention to them (service provider) that you want to be able to surf the internet, and send/recieve emails. They will add you on a data plan.

If I helped you please give me Kudos!!