Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: EDGE 8300

I NEED HELP - Calendar there but not there ?????

[ Edited ]

Unusual problem with my wife’s BB 8300.  Calendar entries for 3 year period both single and recurring show up in Calendar on the BB 8300 and can be edited and will cause alarms and reminders BUT Calendar entries will not Back-up into an.ipd file.  All other data on BB 8300 will back-up.    I can read ipd files with ABC AMBER Blackberry Converter and Calendar part is empty in the .ipd back-up file.

Additionally Calendar entries will not sync with Outlook, but all other data in the BB 8300 will sync fine. I have tried dual and one-way sync as well as deleting the sync configuration entry in the RIM folder and then re-config. Sync.  Doesn’t help.

Upon examining BB I found clues to cause. No entries listed in Calendar and Calendar Database Size is listed as 0 entries with 0.0K size.

Seems like BB 8300 operating system as lost record of the Calendars existence even though it’s there and running fine.

I am afraid of BB losing the Calendar data and then since there is no back-up or Outlook all will be lost forever.

Is there a way for the BB 8300 O.S. to rebuild it’s record of the existing Calendar  so the Calendar Data can be either backed-up or sync’ed to Outlook ?

Blackberry 8300

Smartphone (EDGE)

PIN: 2405E21E

V4.2.2.89  (PLATFORM 2.4.0.39)

Cryptographic Kernel v3.8.4.47

Micro Edition Config. CLCD-11

Profile:  MIPD-2.0

Media Version: 1.0

File Version 1.0

Memory usage:   Settings - Options – Status:      free: 21,440,710

Total: 55,443,456

( has a 2 gig media card )

Calendar – options:  Number of Entries: 0

Database sizes:     Settings - Options – Status – Database Sizes:

Total Size       887.7K

-------------------------------------------

Address Book                  289 / 53.4K

**  Calendar                                 0 / 0.0K

Content Store                       34 / 797.5K     

Phone Call Logs                 111 / 26.2K    

Message Edited by Wingspan on 09-29-2008 07:37 AM