Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I NEED TO RESTORE DATA TO MY DEVICE BUT NO BACK UP DATA IS AVAILABLE!!! HELP!!!

So I guess its a common problem that the Bold 9900 dies really quickly numerous times and then one bad time and it shuts off and wont ever turn back on and all that happens is the LED keep blinking 1,3,1,3,1,3,1,3,1,3. Well it happened to my phone. I bought a used Bold 9900 because I figured I can just restore all my data that Blackberry Protect was periodically saving. When I go to the website, it does show that there is the past 4 or 5 back ups but when I use the desktop software it doesnt show anything! Totally frustrating......even more so i dont know much about all this kind of computer stuff. I lost soooooo much important information. Can anyone help???!!!!!!!!
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: I NEED TO RESTORE DATA TO MY DEVICE BUT NO BACK UP DATA IS AVAILABLE!!! HELP!!!

What website? BB Protect? Desktop Software has nothing to do with BB Protect. Please provide more info.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: I NEED TO RESTORE DATA TO MY DEVICE BUT NO BACK UP DATA IS AVAILABLE!!! HELP!!!

I think I go to the Blackberry Protect website. I sign in, click on "data", and it shows previous backed up data and what the data is. But when I open the Blackberry Desktop software and click on "device", then "restore", there is no back up date files to choose from.
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Exactly. That's because you don't restore data on BlackBerry Protect using Desktop Software.

To restore Protect data, log on with the new BlackBerry and enable Protect. Then do a restore using Protect right on the device.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor

Ah haaaa! It worked. However, I thought I remember seeing that the data backed up was contacts, texts, and other saved data like notes, calendar dates and things like that? The only thing I got was all my contacts and some of my texts. Nothing else.
Guru II

It should have been whatever you had selected. I've never actually restored a backup from Protect. I always kept full backups with Desktop Software.

Guru II

You can go to www.blackberry.com/protect on your PC and log in and then go to "My Data" at the top and see what you have stored in the backup.