Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I RETURNED THE STORM

[ Edited ]

Not sure how long this will stay up here. i took my bb storm back. issues:crash, slowing down, media player not working right. application errors, restarting. my coworker got the same phone, he's having the same issues, except he's trying to stick with it. didnt have to pay a restocking fee which was cool from verizon. bb and rim did not help to resolve my problems. the technology for bb is not there yet, hopefully they'll figure it out. strom = bad weather, and thats what your gonna get.

Message Edited by dubbbroc on 02-14-2009 08:45 PM
Regular Contributor

Re: I RETURNED THE STORM

Most of your problems most probably could of been resolves, but you didnt give it time.

I think  95% of people on here are overall happy with there storm, obviously there are a couple of minor bad points but you should of got advice and tried to upgrade Os etc before dithcing it.

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Storm2 (9550)
My Carrier: Verizon

I'm always intrigued by the human psyche that compels someone to come onto a forum such as this and announce their departure from the product.  I see it often in another software forum that I frequent - the threat to return the software and go with a competitor's product. 

Your own free will is the only thing that drove you to try/buy the product and to subsequently return the product.  I say more power to you, do what you think is best for you, but don't come into a room full of dog owner's and say that you've switched and got a cat because you had to walk the dog.  Just get the cat and move on.

New Contributor

There is no update for the OS and i did give rim, bb, and verizon time to assist me with the problems.
New Contributor

There is no other way to express the faults and disfunction of the bb to the public and owners that may be facing the same issue and have doubt but dont know what to do. Sorry my friend, but I will keep posting so that people understand that it is ok to play consumer and it is ok to return items that dont meet up to standards.
Forums Advisor I
My Device: Storm2 (9550)
My Carrier: Verizon

dubbbroc wrote:
There is no other way to express the faults and disfunction of the bb to the public and owners that may be facing the same issue and have doubt but dont know what to do. Sorry my friend, but I will keep posting so that people understand that it is ok to play consumer and it is ok to return items that dont meet up to standards.

I'm sure that most everyone already knows that if you're not satisfied with an item that you should return it.  There's no need to play martyr for the consumer.

Also, did you try any of the leaked Beta OS releases?  Many have reported that problems they were having went away or reduced by upgrading, which gives me hope that RIM is working on the problems and they will have them fixed.  If by November/early December the phone is still faulty and having the minor annoyance issues that I've experienced, then I will be returning it as well. 

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

My recommendation is that if you aren't willing to work through the bugs, never get the first of anything.  Always wait for 4-6 months for the bugs to be worked out of new technology.  If you jumped on the band wagon too fast, you can't put too much blame on RIM and BB, plain and simple (even the iPhone had a lot of problems initially).  Now that said, the Storm is not the right phone for some people, just like the iPhone is not right for some people, and just any other phone, period.

Sorry you didn't like it, but that was your choice and your personal preference.  The large majority of us are satisfied with our Storms and will enjoy the peace at the eye of the Storm! Smiley Happy

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Regular Contributor
My Device: Storm BB 9530T - Verizon

Return it if that is right for you but why announce it with screaming caps?

The fact that you returned it expresses how you felt without you posting a thing.   Actions speak louder than words and you took the action of returning it.   Most manufacturers analyze returns for defects they can correct in manufacturing and design too.

For those owners that face the same issues and don't know what to do, yours is not the best solution.

Try to consider this: Imagine some piece of gear that you do like and that has served you welll.   Then imagine going on a forum for users of that equipment and seeing a post such as yours.   THIS IS EXACTLY HOW I FEEL ABOUT YOUR POST.

From your capitalized topic, which is viewed by many online as "Screaming" to your self presumptive experience, I did not appreciate your post a bit.

Had you come to the forum and recognized that many people are very happy with their storm and then looked for help with the storm, you might have become comfortable with an excellent purchase choice.   Perhaps you have a defective device, every make and model of everything has some lemons.  We could have helped you sort that out.  

On the other hand, maybe the Storm is just personally not for you.   Maybe it's benefits are not that useful for you and its flaws then are more apparent in your mind.  That's fine, it is a personal choice but frankly, I don't need to know because I use and need my blackberry and I'm thrilled with it.   

Contributor

I have returned mine also due to same issues (rebooting) although this is for repair.

hopefully these so called OS problems are resolved yet I have my doubts!!

I just love when happy storm customers slam unhappy ones...!!!

this is my second returned device and I will say I will weather the storm as long as I can.

some people should understand it is very frustrating for consumers when faulty devices are purchased and are constantly advised next OS update will fix things this is not this case....these problems have to be hardware issues.

I will update my conclusions on Tuesday when my device is returned.

Contributor

I for one think it is just fine to see posts like this. While I like mine, I can see why it isn't the right device for everyone. Sometimes people just flame which isn't helpful. But when the post includes the reasons and what went wrong for them, I find it interesting input. I see no reason to push back on it and suggest that it was the consumer's fault - they didn't give it enough time, didn't work hard enough to resolve the problems, etc. It is what it is, a data point. Take it as that and let it go.  Just my 2c.

Cheers

Tom