Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: I RETURNED THE STORM

Or maybe you got stuck with a bad one, while the rest of us got good ones, or maybe you just never should've had a Storm to begin with.  Your opinion is your opinion, but the one who has their head stuck in the sand is you.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Contributor
My Device: storm 9530 verizon wireless

I don't think I'd want a device that worked without having to finesse it a little. I just upgraded from a Motorola Star-tac (okay stop laughing) that worked perfect every time, zero bugs, but kinda boring.

Elite I

Hey bigguy, don't feel bad Smiley Happy  I had a StarTac for my first cell phone and that was an awesome phone.  I probably never should have gotten rid of it.  Mind you, I've been lucky with all my phones thus far... after the StarTac, I went to a Samsung A540 (which I passed on to my brother, who finally killed it after throwing it against a wall because he kept getting interrupted by it Smiley Tongue), followed by a Motorola Razr.  Now I'm on the Storm and it's another great phone (and definitely a touch more advanced than any of the previous phones!).  Hope you like it too!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Forums Advisor I
My Device: Storm2 (9550)
My Carrier: Verizon

Krypto wrote:
a Samsung A540 (which I passed on to my brother, who finally killed it after throwing it against a wall because he kept getting interrupted by it Smiley Tongue)

Interesting.  A person usually gets a cell phone so they can be reached wherever/whenever they are, was he blaming the phone because people were calling him?  If he preferred to not be interrupted they all have a power off function.  Smiley Tongue

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

you are talking about cats and dogs  ,, this like apples and oranges..   poor equipment only

no phone operates like this and stays alive,, I am trying to stick with it and hope they give us software that works,,  I have 3 of them in my family my son and my wife..  they all do the same things and we are people that are not  newbies I have worked at a cell phone  company

this phones does not work right ... are you listening

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

ezirider wrote:

this phones does not work right ... are you listening

do you expect something in particular from the community on this forum or is it just ranting?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Elite I

kentonvannatten wrote:

Krypto wrote:
a Samsung A540 (which I passed on to my brother, who finally killed it after throwing it against a wall because he kept getting interrupted by it Smiley Tongue)

Interesting.  A person usually gets a cell phone so they can be reached wherever/whenever they are, was he blaming the phone because people were calling him?  If he preferred to not be interrupted they all have a power off function.  Smiley Tongue

You'd think!  He was supposedly working on something and couldn't get anything done.  Too many guys had his cell number and it was killing his work (and he works for himself, meaning that every interruption costs him money).  He went the next day and changed his phone number.  I actually think the phone continued to work but the LCD was done.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

[ Edited ]

FWIW: I appreciate all the posts, both pro and con. I did some research and looked in here prior to getting my Storm. I switched from a Kyocera I730 (another touch screen) and so far I am very impressed. I also added the tether srevice so I can use the phone as my modem for my laptop. While at a client's, I was able to access the internet faster than he could on his FIOS service, very impressive indeed. I have not even scratched the surface on all the applications I can now use, but I will. So far, this is the best mobile device I have had. Hopefully my experience will continue to be a positive one.

I did not consider the I-Phone because the service is only with AT&T. In my area, Verizon has had the best service as I have seen by my friends and associates, YMMV.

Hope this helps any would-be purchasers.

Regards,

Ole

Message Edited by olsinvest on 02-22-2009 04:30 PM
*************************************************************************************************
Techno-phobe.....