Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

I accidentally deleted my BlackBerry ID. When I try to set up a new account with my old username, it says it's already taken. How do I get back my old (deleted) username? Or how long do I have to wait until it becomes available again?

I accidentally deleted my BlackBerry ID.  When I try to set up a new account with my old username, it says it's already taken.  How do I get back my old (deleted) username?  Or how long do I have to wait until it becomes available again?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: I accidentally deleted my BlackBerry ID. When I try to set up a new account with my old username, it says it's already taken. How do I get back my old (deleted) username? Or how long do I have to wait until it becomes available again?

If you used your original welcome email, which contained a link to delete the BB ID, then you are supposed to be able to create a new BB ID with the same email address. If you used some other method to delete your BB ID, then you should find that email and use that method. If that does not work, then you will need formal support...which is only available via your carrier, who would need to escalate your case into RIM.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Re: I accidentally deleted my BlackBerry ID. When I try to set up a new account with my old username, it says it's already taken. How do I get back my old (deleted) username? Or how long do I have to wait until it becomes available again?

Thanks for the quick response.

As a matter of fact, I did use the link from my welcome mail, however, I can neither sign in (in case it hasn't been deleted for some reason), nor create a new ID with the old username.  The error message is:  "This screen name is unavailable. Please select a new screen name."

On the other hand, I cannot have my password reset  or sent to me through Password Recovery either.  When I try with my email as the username, the error message is:  "The value you have entered is invalid. Please try again."  When I try with my screen name, it says:  "Username is an invalid email format. Please provide a valid email address to continue."

I'm a little irritated concerning the difference between the Screen Name and the Username anyway.  I remember my what my Screen Name was, but I think that my Username actually was my email.  Is there something wrong about that?

So it seems my email or screen name has neither been fully deleted, nor is it available.  Is it in some kind of Nirvana?

Thanks again for your support.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

it indeed sounds as if something may be a bit wonky with your account. but, to address that, you will need formal support, which starts with your wireless service provider, who will need to escalate your case up to rim. you will need to contact them and request that.

good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

or you can try creating a new BlackBerry ID, with same email address but different screen name.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

Well, as a matter of fact, I've tried that already, but it didn't work.  My old screen name is gone, however, I'm sure it isn't really, of course.  I doubt that my provider is feeling responsible and going to take care of that.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

so you tried with another screen name, and it failed?
Maybe you can try with another email address and another screen name.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

Another screen name wouldn't be a problem.  An example -- I can't have back my old one "xyz," but I could easily have "xyz1."  You see, that's not the problem here.  I simply want my old screen name back that somehow got lost somewhere in between.  I'm positive it hasn't been taken by another user.  And, of course, I could register with a new email as well, however, that doesn't change the fact that I cannot pick the desired screen name.  Again, the email isn't the issue here.

New Contributor

[ Edited ]

[double posting]

My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: globe

i have the same problem anyone can help me. i forgot my blackberry id and the answer to the security ro reset my pasword. i chek my email and i accidentally click the delete this account beacause of my internet connection. i create another account it says you need to log on your original blackberry id.