Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Blackberry BOld 9700
My Carrier: Verizon

I can send and receive SMS but can't read either!! Help!

For a few days now I have been unable to read what I am sending or receiving on my blackberry. I am notified that I have a new message, I go to my inbox, the message isn't moving to the top of my inbox so I have to find it, I can read the first part of the message while I'm still in my inbox, but when I click on the message to read it in full, it's not there! At this point my phone thinks I've read the message so it no longer alerts me about a new message. Same with sent messages, I can type and send them, but they don't appear in the message thread at all. This is very frustrating as I can only read the first few words of what people send me. Please help!

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: I can send and receive SMS but can't read either!! Help!

Hi nicole_a,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Sounds like you may have an issue with the SMS Messages database on your BlackBerry® Bold™ 9700 smartphone. Please try clearing the SMS Messages database then test without restoring any previous messages from your backup file. For further instructions, please see the following KB article: www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10167

Hope this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!