Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: blackberry bold
My Carrier: Optus Zoo

I can't connect to my new server

So my old phone broke and I got my Step dads blackberry 

My mobile plan isn't a blackberry one, it's Optus zoo and I was able to browse on my old phone but I can't on this one. I created a blackberry account so I could download facebook on the app store thing but it wont connect unless its on Wi-fi, even then it might not connect. It says my 3G is working fine and all the services are switched to Optus Zoo but my stepdads e-mail is still everywhere and i can't change it Smiley Sad

Help Me?

Regular Contributor
My Device: Q10 on Verizon; Classic & 9900 on T-Mo; PlayBook 2.0

Re: I can't connect to my new server

Dear Hanna Grace,

As the guru high-level advisors start all of their messages, "Welcome to the Community!"  I saw your message, and did not want you to feel ignored in your plea for assistance.  Doing some quick internet research, it appears to me that Optus Zoo is part of a package available from Optus in Australia.  I am in the United States, so I hope a more experienced user there will jump on board and continue this thread.

You do not mention which operating system your inherited Bold is; I presume it is OS 5.  By deleting your step-dad's e-mail account, it will go away.  The steps ought to be similar to this: Click the main menu key -> Settings -> Manage Internet Email -> highlight and click on the unwanted e-mail account -> Scroll to and click on Delete.

You write, "My mobile plan isn't a blackberry one" - unfortunately, you will need a BlackBerry data plan to access the internet and applications such as FaceBook.  Optus offers several data plans at varying price ranges depending upon the amount of data usage, according to their main web site.

At this juncture I must bid you adieu, best of luck, and best regards as I am not more than basically knowledgeable of Optus as a service provider.