Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I can't receive text msgs from Iphone users-what gives?

Hi,  I have had this issue for weeks.  I have been trying to find a solution through t-mobile but so far I still can't receive text messages from Iphone users. It is across the board.  I know about 5 people with Iphones and I can't get text messages from any of them.  Does anyone know why?  By the way, they all can receive my text msgs, no problem, but I can't receive theirs.  Is it because I don't have internet service on my blackberry?  But my friend who has an old Nokia phone with no internet capability receives texts from Iphone users, no problem??  Please help.  

Thanks! 

Super Contributor
My Device: BB 8220 & BB 8900

Re: I can't receive text msgs from Iphone users-what gives?

Can you receive text messages from other people that don't use iphones? If yes then go to the message folder and compos a MMS message and send it to yourself(your T-Mobile phone number), it can be a blank message. You don't need Internet to receive text messages.
New Contributor

Hi, Thanks for your reply.  Yes, I can receive text messages from other people who don't use Iphones, no problem.  The glitch is just with iphone users.  I tried doing what you said about sending myself a MMS message, and I got it, but it didn't show what I wrote (the actual message).  It only showed the subject line.  And please pardon my ignorance, but what does MMS stand for?  and what is the difference between a text (SMS) and MMS? 

What should I do next?

Thanks so much!!! 

Super Contributor
My Device: BB 8220 & BB 8900

SMS is for text only and MMS is for sending multimedia like pictures, sound or video. Have you gotten anyone to try sending you a text message after sending the MMS to yourself?
New Contributor

yes, and I still can't get any text messages from iphone users...

Thanks! 

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

[ Edited ]
Is everyone in your test set all on ATT? Or just the iPhone folks? Try with a user on ATT not on iPhone and see what happens...if that fails, then it's back to T-Mobile and ATT for resolution.
Message Edited by sdgardne on 05-22-2009 03:34 PM

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Its just with Iphones.  I don't have a problem with other AT&T subscribers.  I get all text messages except for iphones.  

Thanks for trying to help.  I will continue my quest to get this fixed with t-mobile.  

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Sounds like you are on the right track. But dealing with carriers is, well, frustrating at best. And inconsistent. If you get a CSR that says they can do nothing. Hang up and call back...until you get someone who can really help.

And maybe try different paths into support -- for instance, on the BIS login page for VZW, there is a number listed there that is different than any other of their support numbers. I had a problem with BIS once, called there and they got it fixed within 5 minutes. My account rep and other CSR's had been telling me that there was nothing they could do. So persistence wins out.

Best.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
My Device: blackberry bold 9650
My Carrier: spring

did this problem by any chance get resolve i have a bold 9650 and i have the same problem. i cant get any text from iphones. 

My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

I'm having no luck with the same issue. Carrier says everything is set up correctly. I have a Curve 8530