Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Sun Cellular PH

I can't register my PIN and IME (HELP PLEASE)

[ Edited ]

I really need your help guys, I bought a Blackberry 8520 from black market. It's brandnew because it sealed and complete with accesories. The seller told me that the unit was free from Sun Cellular and was sell to him buy the previous owner. The unit is already openline/unlocked already. I'm using a smart sim card but when I tried to register my unit to https://smart.blackberry.com I got an error that my unit is suspended or deactivated. I can use Wifi via hotspot browser but when I tried to use a facebook or twitter application I got an error "Your are currenty on the data plan service, contact your service provider to upgrade your data plan". I think the previous owner (which I don't know) is not paying his bill. Now I contact suncellular and as per them when the owner not paid their bills they only block the sim card and not the phone. As per them it might be the blackberry is blocking my connectivity.  How can I register my PIN again? My phone is total useless.

Unit: 8520 Curve

Blackberry Tech and Admin I need your Help

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Priv
My Carrier: Three UK

Re: I can't register my PIN and IME (HELP PLEASE)

Firstly you need to edit your post to remove your IMEI number etc as you should not post this. 

On to your problem, are you able to call and text from the phone with your SIM card in it? Do you have a Blackberry Data Plan active on your account as you need this plan rather than a generic data plan in order to use the data functions on your phone. 

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi casabillo 18

Welcome to the Community

csabillo 18 wrote :

I really need your help guys, I bought a Blackberry 8520 from black market. It's brandnew because it sealed and complete with accesories. The seller told me that the unit was free from Sun Cellular and was sell to him buy the previous owner. The unit is already openline/unlocked already. I'm using a smart sim card but when I tried to register my unit tohttps://smart.blackberry.com I got an error that my unit is suspended or deactivated.

You buy it from a Blackmarket It may be possible that its a stolen device that is why you are unable to activate your device.Yes as SunCellular if a user does not pay his dues  carrier can block the SIM but not the Device.

Are you able to do Voice call or text messages.

csabillo wrote :

I can use Wifi via hotspot browser but when I tried to use a facebook or twitter application I got an error "Your are currenty on the data plan service, contact your service provider to upgrade your data plan".

This Message appear when you having insufficent data plan.i;e ; without BlackBerry Data Plan.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Sun Cellular PH

Thanks for the reply. Anyway I'm using A Smart SIM and not a SUN Sim already. When I got the phone it's already openline. I want to subscribe to Smart BIS but during the registration of my pin and IMEI my phone is suspended or deactivated. Now how can I register my phone from other carrier if my phone pin is suspended or deactivated. SUN cannot help me about it.

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi csabillo 18

Are you able to do Voice call or text messages ? Is your Device is provisioned with BlackBerry Data Plan from your Carrier,It may also be possible that your device is still registered with a previous Carrier. 

But if your carrier Smart is telling you that your device PIN has been Suspended then I am sorry you can't use BIS,

on that device.And I think no one can help you in this case if that device is already been reported stolen or lost.

Prince

Forums Veteran I
My Device: Priv
My Carrier: Three UK

As you haven't answered the question both myself and Prince asked I'll assume you can call and text from the phone with the Smart SIM.

Have you given Smart a call to have the Blackberry data plan added to your account? 

Solutions: 6,397
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

csabillo18 wrote:

I want to subscribe to Smart BIS but during the registration of my pin and IMEI my phone is suspended or deactivated. Now how can I register my phone from other carrier if my phone pin is suspended or deactivated. SUN cannot help me about it.

You can't. Once the device PIN/IMEI has been suspended or deactivated, it can't be removed. You've probably purchased a stolen as lost BlackBerry, as stated above. Only the original carrier who suspended the PIN and can remove it, you would need to contact them.

You need to get your money back from the seller, obviously they lied to you.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code