Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Am I going to lose all my apps?

Let me know what you discover.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
My Device: Bold 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

[ Edited ]

Now, with my BlackBerry, I get this message, "Enter the user name associated with this smartphone" whenever I try logging into App World. And for most of the day today, I was getting the same message, whenever I tried to use BBM.

Interestingly, as soon as I reinstalled the latest software on my PlayBook as well as logged in to my PlayBook using my new BB ID, the above message stopped appearing in BBM app on my BlackBerry (but it still appears when i try to access App World

So, in summary,

• I resolved my problem with my PlayBook because I wiped it and started from a clean slate
  • I can now associate my new BlackBerry ID with my PlayBook. I can also log in online.
  • But for some reason, I cannot use the same email and password to access App world using my BlackBerry.

Problem still not resolved.

I've already backed up my files and videos from my BlackBerry and I am hoping I don't have to wipe it. I still have synch my contacts and calendar notices

Please don't double post the same issue in another thread.,.. it's a waste of time and doubles efforts.

We'll get that thread combine here. That way we can see ALL in ONE thread the issues stated and what's been suggested.

Thanks.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

That's fine. I will move it back. I thought I was making things easier. I will edit my previous post with my summary from the other thread. and point other users to this thread...

No, please... it's already been moved back.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

Nothing seems to be working. What is the "Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes" document supposed to tell me? It appears to be explaining something that is not related to my issue.

In summary,

As I mentioned earlier this thread, this whole thing started when I tried to cancel my monthly BBM subscription, which I couldn't do. I followed instructions for deleting my original BB ID account and set up a new one.

Deleting the original BB ID prevent me from logging into my PlayBook. So I wiped my PlayBook, which resolved the problem and I was able to log in to my PlayBook with my new BB ID

Now I can't log into App world using my BlackBerry.

Today, I recieved a notice saying I am being charged for monthly subscription. I thought by deleting the original BB ID would resolve this and that I wouldn't be charged. This is not the result I was hoping for.

So I clicked on the link to cancel subscription and here is what happens:

1. A screen appears asking me if I "would like to switch devices associated with your BlackBerry? Clicking ok with switch your active device to this pin." I click Yes
  2. the Enter Device Password sreen appears
  3. I enter my BB password and click OK
  4. A sreen appears displaying the Nobex radio app (which I downloaded to my PlayBook last night). Also, on the top left corner of the screen the following note appears: Please Connect Your Device Screen.
  5. I check to see if my BB islisted as a device and the only device listed is my PlayBook.

So the next thing I do, is wipe all my applications from my device to see if that would work. This does not work.

It's looking as if I need to do a complete wipe. My biggest concern right now is losing all my passwords from my password app. How do I prevent this from happening?

GRMA wrote:

What is the "Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes" document supposed to tell me? It appears to be explaining something that is not related to my issue.

It is unrelated to your issue, that link is in my signature (at the bottom) for those who might need that information, on each and every post I make.

GRMA wrote:

It's looking as if I need to do a complete wipe. My biggest concern right now is losing all my passwords from my password app. How do I prevent this from happening?

Back up your BlackBerry first, using the BlackBerry Desktop Software, and after the wipe you will use that backup to restore the Password keeper.. a fairly simply and straightforward process.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

sounds good, so, just to clarify

Options>Security>security Wipe> and then select all three options and type blackberry, and that completely wipes everything, is this correct?

Correct, but you do not have to wipe the applications and media portion to reset the ID.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

Too late, I wiped the whole thing. I want to start from a clean slate.

As of now, I can log in using new BB ID. So my original issue is fixed.

I lost my bbm contacts but I can that back over the next few weeks, so I am not too concerned about that

For some reason, I couldn't back up everything so I manually selected everything that looked to be important. I may have missed a few things, which may be why I am noticing a few new error messages popping up. I haven't documented them yet, but I will be later. btw, the process of manually selecting information to back up was very easy and didn't take a lot of time.

Prior to this issue, I used my firewall to filter spam messages. I turned it on last night and configured it to only accept my contact list and reject everything else. Should I start a new thread for new issues or keep this one going?

But these spam messges are still getting through, so I think I may have missed something when backing up. I am not sure. I am still testing to see what I may have missed. More to come later