Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I can't seem to load or unload pictures or music from my phone to or from my Mac...

Am I doing something wrong ,does it need a program or does th Mac even support this phone? I can sync my emails and phone book but that's it.
Regular Contributor

Re: I can't seem to load or unload pictures or music from my phone to or from my Mac...

When you installed the software to sync with your mac, did it come with a media manager? If not, you can still copy files to the expansion card of your blackberry. Go to your blackberry's Option menu and select Media Card. Then make sure the Media Card support is on and the Mass Storage Mode support is on. If the Mode When Connected is Prompt, when you connect your device to the mac, you need to answer Yes when your device asks if you want to enable mass storage support. You will then see an additional device on your mac similar to when you plug in a memory stick.
New Contributor

Re: I can't seem to load or unload pictures or music from my phone to or from my Mac...

I've gone through the options on the BB but it doesn't prompt me to with any messages,nor does the Mac ask for anything except when it is syncing.
Regular Contributor

If it doesn't prompt, try setting the Mode When Connected to Yes. After plugging in, see if your mac recognizes your blackberry's media card. If it still won't work, an alternative is to use a card reader and put your media files directly to the media card.
New Contributor

Well I got it to work if I put the card in a reader,,,but,it will only play .m4a file songs and it won't recognize a .m4p song,,,arrrggg. If I change the song to a .m4a then comes up withan error.

I think I'll pour diesel all over it and burn it,,,that's what they must mean when they "I'm going burn init into my phone" Right.

Any other suggetions,,,so far you've been on the money. 

Thanks 

Regular Contributor

your blackberry isn't an iPhone, you know... heheh! if you got the iPhone instead, then everything will sync with your mac.

here's the type of media supported by the blackberries:

Supported Media

instead of pouring diesel on it, try to see how far you can get it to skip on a lake or your local pond.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Bwahahaha,,,ya, skiping it is more envornmentaly friendly, and the price of Diesel these days,,yeeesh.

I'll check it out ,,,thanks.