Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9650
My Carrier: us cellular

I can't unlock the keypad.

I have a bold 9650 the keypad locks but I cannot get it unlocked where is the unlock key?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: I can't unlock the keypad.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

What sort of lock is performed, please? Typically, you just touch any key and it may come back with a prompt for allowing it to unlock, or asking for a password, depending on how you have your BB configured.

If you are looking for the physical key to lock/unlock (no password set), then it's along the top edge of your device. That plastic has two icons on either end of it, one is the lock key and the other is the mute key (I think).

You of course can find all of this information in your user manual.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: bold 9650
My Carrier: us cellular

I tried all the keys, had to take the battery out to unlock the keypad.

To keep the phone from calling everyone, I did put in a password, but unlocking the phone was a hassle because it said I was always typing the password incorrectly. I took the password out. 

Electromedic

PS thank You:

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

OK...so, you are all set now? I can't tell...

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................