Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8900
My Carrier: 3 Ireland

I can't upgrade my Blackberry app world on my BB

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I bought a second hand BB Curve 8900 last week.

Pin num:**removed**

Unlocked 

I tried to upgrade the app on the phone because I couldn't download apps with the current version, but there was an error while downloading and now when I click on the app symbol this message appears: !Error Starting Null:Null

https://www.dropbox.com/s/wri4ygpl8k5j3ks/2014-05-03%2015.06.37.jpg

So I tried to do it online and I created my BB ID to access the update on BB app world.

I downloaded the BB destktop software and the BB app wolrd plug'in.

Every time I try to get to BB app world this screen appears:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/46a4a3tqhby4ngw/Screen%20Shot%202014-05-03%20at%2015.07.41.png

This confirms my plug'in is installed, so it asks me to connect to my BB by choosing my PIN:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t58y53h8sr3i94g/Screen%20Shot%202014-05-03%20at%2015.08.10.png

And when I click connect this message comes up:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ur18dxv19c4hcrq/Screen%20Shot%202014-05-03%20at%2015.08.44.png

I've checked on forums how to check that my content protection is disabled so I did.

I've also turned off and on my BB, even removing the battery, and nothing changes.

It feels that I'm in a loop and I can't get out.

I need help updating the BB app world on my phone and I'm stuck.

Please help.

Thanks so much

Regards

Maria

Edit: PIN removed. At no time should you provide any personal information to any other community member. Please review the Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use. for further information

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: I can't upgrade my Blackberry app world on my BB

Hi and Welcome to the Community!!

Please try this sequence:

1) Remove AppWorld from your BB

• KB10040 How to view or remove installed applications on a BlackBerry smartphone
  • If it requests that you reboot the BB, do so

2) Do a Batt-Pull reboot (power on, remove battery, wait, insert battery, wait), even if redundant to the one you did in step 1.

3) Install (on your BB) a fresh copy of AppWorld

4) Do another Batt-Pull reboot

5) See if it now works.

However...

spmaria wrote:

I bought a second hand BB Curve 8900 last week.

Please also review this important KB:

• Article ID: KB05099 Steps to take before selling or after buying a previously owned BlackBerry smartphone

The Seller steps must be completed prior to the Buyer steps. Further, several of the Seller steps can only be conducted by the account holder of record at the prior carrier.

Further, review this KB:

• Article ID: KB30076 How to check for an IT Policy on a BlackBerry smartphone

If there is an IT Policy, then you know for certain that the Seller has not properly conducted their steps prior to selling it to you.

Then again, it would also depend on how the Seller represented it to you. If they represented it as being ready and able to be used on any compatible carrier, then you have recourse with the Seller if their steps have not been properly conducted. If, on the other hand, they sold it with complete risk to the Buyer, then it is entirely possible that you won't be able to get this to work (if, for instance, the BB PIN remains locked to a prior carriers BIS, you not being their account holder may be prevented from convincing them to release it so that your BB can work on a different carrier).

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

It was all very helpful but I encountered another problem...

I managed to delete the app and I've gone to the link sent to get the new app but when I tried to set up an email acc on the balckberry to get the app link emailed to I don't have the option of adding a new email acc, only the option to use a work email acc with a Blackberry Enterprise Server...

How do I enter a new email acc without the option to do so?

Thanks so much

Maria

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

One thing at a time please...AppWorld first please (since that's what you started with).

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Oh sorry!

Hall of Famer III

And so, what is your result regarding AppWorld?

New Contributor

I'm trying to download it directly from the browser on my phone.

But it's very slow...

I'll tell you when it's done.

Last time there was an error downloading it from my phone that's why I tried to do it following the option of getting the link directly to an email address (and it's then when I discovered about the email address problem - that's why I mentioned it on this thread)

Hall of Famer III

OK...please continue with the AppWorld download/install. Quite often, that works better than attempting to use a computer via USB.

In some cases, both AppWorld and email require a proper data plan from your carrier. In other cases, AppWorld can work without such while email will always require it. The symptom you reported related to email indicates you do not have a proper data plan from your carrier. But that may or may not be impacting your attempt to use AppWorld (since there are other variables at play...specifically the specific AppWorld version...hence the need to install, as you are doing, the latest).

Good luck and let us know!

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hello,

I have been trying all day to download the BB world app to my phone but the browser is super slow and I can't getting 2 different error messages:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gv17mq2an2fqu2m/20140503_235559.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gyh6hfck2hdzhzi/20140504_000935.jpg

This is very frustrating, any other ways to download this app without using the browser?

Maybe using the desktop software?

Thanks so much

Hall of Famer III

[ Edited ]

spmaria wrote:

This is very frustrating, any other ways to download this app without using the browser?

Maybe using the desktop software?

I thought, from your first post, that you already tried that?

In any event, a 907 is an unusual result for a native BB app like BBWorld. Are you presently an Enterprise/BES user? If so, your BES admins may be blocking this, which could result in the 907...but only your BES admins can change that.

If you are not on BES, then more question:

Has BBWorld ever worked for you on this BB? If so, what changed just before it stopped working?

Did you validate that all of the steps in the earlier KB I gave you (about what to do when transferring ownership, since you said you bought it used) were conducted?

Is there an IT Policy on this BB? You can check via this KB:

• Article ID: KB30076 How to check for an IT Policy on a BlackBerry smartphone

If there is, then that may be blocking your use of BBWorld, and you'll need to conduct a very specific process to cleanse it. Let us know if you need that and we'll then provide it.

Let us know!