Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8900
My Carrier: 3 Ireland

Re: I can't upgrade my Blackberry app world on my BB

Hi,

I checked and it says "no services" that means no IT policy for what I read.

This is a second hand Curve. I can't answer any of these question about BES ... sorry.

Do you think I should contact the previous owner and ask?

I did read all the articles you sent but I don't know if the previous owner followed these steps. The phone seemed to be working fine and be emptied of any files. What I found was the BB app world that I can't update and the issue with the email that I mentioned before.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

OK...let's flip how we are trying to solve this. Since the device is used and hopefully you have no data on it yet, I'm going to take you through the process to truly fully cleanse the device. But, do keep in mind that as I said before if one of the Seller steps was not completed (releasing the BB PIN from the prior carrier network), then nothing you try to do will work. And there is no way for anyone here to tell you if that was accomplished or not.

Nevertheless, I recommend you conduct the following to cleanse your BB:

• Article ID: KB31291 How to reset a BlackBerry smartphone to factory settings using BlackBerry Desktop Software

Next, I suggest you re-install your BBOS, choosing the latest version you can find:

1) Uninstall, from your PC, any BB OS packages

2) Make sure you have the BB Desktop Software already installed

3) Download and install, to your PC, the BB OS package you desire:

• http://us.blackberry.com/support/downloads/download_sites.jsp
  • It is sorted first by carrier -- so if all you want are the OS levels your carrier supports, your search will be quick. However, some carriers are much slower than others to release updates. To truly seek out the most up-to-date OS package for your BB, you must dig through and find all carriers that support your specific model BB, and then compare the OS levels that they support.

4) Delete, on your PC, all copies of VENDOR.XML...there will be at least one, and perhaps 2, and they will be located in or similarly to (it changes based on your Windows version) these folders:

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader
  • C:\Users\(your Windows UserName)\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML

5a) For changing your installed BB OS level (upgrade or downgrade), you can launch the Desktop Software and connect your BB...the software should offer you the OS package you installed to your PC.

5b) Or, for reloading your currently installed BB OS level as well as for changing it, bypass the Desktop Software and use LOADER.EXE directly, by proceeding to step 2 in this process:

If, during the processes of 5a or 5b, your BB presents a "507" error, simply unplug the USB cord from the BB and re-insert it...don't do anything else...this should allow the install to continue.

Next, with a strong carrier network signal (e.g., not merely WiFi), I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Please wait for one "registration" message to arrive to your Messages app

2) Delete and Resend Service Books

• KB05000Delete the service book for the BlackBerry Internet Service email account from the BlackBerry smartphone
  • If you have no CMIME entry, then skip the deletion
  • KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • Please wait for "Activation" Messages, one per already configured email account, to arrive in your Messages. If you have no already configured email accounts, please wait 1 hour.

3) Reboot

• With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes.
  • See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Now, see if your services function. See if you can install BBWorld, and see if you can configure Personal/Internet email. If you cannot, then you'll need to contact your mobile service provider to ensure that you are subscribed to a proper data plan from them to enable the services you desire. Also, have them check deeply to ensure that they actually can create a proper BIS-level data plan for you...if they cannot, then we fall back to the beginning...if the prior carrier did not release the BB PIN from their network, then you are stuck, and you indeed need to contact the seller for recourse.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8900
My Carrier: 3 Ireland

After the whole process issues are not resoved.

In fact, I think new issues appear.

I appreciate so much all the time you´ve given me trying to fix this problem but I´m giving up and returning my BB to the vendor.

Thanks so much for eveything

Maria

Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

You are welcome, and good luck.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................