Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry 9930
My Carrier: MTN Nigeria

I cannot browse, email or use BBM on my 9930

Hi,

can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I have a blackberry 9930 by verizon, i recently updated the desktop manager 2days ago and did a backup.

suddenly the data service disappears, no uppercase edge or 3G. i can connect with Wi-fi but still i cannot browse, email or use BBM.

Help! its been 3 days now....... Any ideas on how I can sort this out?

Thanks

Ade

Super Contributor
My Device: Nexus6P/iPhone6 Plus
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Re: I cannot browse, email or use BBM on my 9930

Ok, first try doing an HRT reset, this should fix you right up.  Go to the Options Wrench, then Device, then Advanced, then Host Routing, then press the BB button, and select Register Now.

If that does not do it, then try refreshing your service books, go to the Setup icon, and sign on, then press BB, then Select Service Books, then Send Service Books.  

Finally reboot your device (take the battery out wait 10 seconds and reinset)

Rich C (PKcable)
From Crackberry.com

If I have been helpful please click like! Use the Thumbs up icon below this message. Smiley Happy
Trusted Contributor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: 0

are you sure you have a Blackberry plan on the phone?
check with your provider just to be sure.... let me know
New Contributor

i Have active blackberry servce, i pay 6months ahead which was just renewed about a month ago... i will go through what Rich C (PKcable)From Crackberry.com posted and get back to you guys shortly.... thanks for the heads up guys.

Regards.

Ade.

New Contributor

Thanks for the tip Rich, its still not working... i dont know what else to do
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Please clarify if each step completed correctly...refer:

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Please wait for one "registration" message to arrive to your Messages app

2) Resend Service Books

• KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • Please wait for "Activation" Messages, one per already configured email account, to arrive in your Messages. If you have no already configured email accounts, please wait 1 hour.

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

If any step did not complete as documented or if they did yet service is not restored, then you should contact your mobile service provider for formal support.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................