Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG191), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: I cannot complete installation; Error 1935

OK, that's good information, but I still have some questions.

seanatemail wrote:

The error message I get when attempting to install https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/contactFormPreload.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB06... (using "run as administrator") is "Blackberry Desktop Software requires that Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package is installed." - This is after noting that it isn't installed and attempting to install it.

That's the most recent Desktop Software package, so that's good. But, the last part of what you said has me confused... It noted and attempted to install? You noted and attempted to install? Something else? What, exactly, did you see happen?

Oh...and you've re-done ALL of the cleansing steps with the uninstall, right? I've noticed, when I've been through similar things, that I need to do all of the cleansing steps, even after a failed installation attempt.

seanatemail wrote:

I've also tried to install it seperately, both this version:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=29

And http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=15336

Trying both of those (again, run as administrator) gets this error:

"Error 1935.An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'MicrosoftVC90.ATL,version="9.0.21022.8",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",processorArchitecture="amd64",type="win32"'. Please refer to Help and Support for more information. HRESULT:0x8007370B"

That error presents when trying the installation of those? Or when re-trying the installation of the Desktop Software?

Sorry to sound dense...but I have only your words to guide me...and I need to be clear about what you intend to communicate rather than make any assumptions.

Also, maybe the prerequisite section, at the start of this KB, would perhaps be useful?

• KB03744 How to silently install BlackBerry Desktop Software

It gives another alternate location for the C++ package, as well as the requirement for .NET.

FYI -- This is highly unusual in my experience...in (my judgment...not an actual statistic) 90% of cases, the clean removal and reinstall is all that's needed. For another 9% of cases, the registry and directory manual cleansing finishes the job. So that leaves you in the 1% since you've done all of that. Hopefully we'll find something useful.

Oh...one more thing...have you searched these forums for the error message? It's entirely possible that a solution of which I am unaware has been otherwise posted...

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: N/A

To add: I've also followed the updated steps from above, including creating a completely new Admin user without the space in the name. Still getting the same errors.

Thanks
New Contributor

That's the most recent Desktop Software package, so that's good. But, the last part of what you said has me confused... It noted and attempted to install? You noted and attempted to install? Something else? What, exactly, did you see happen?

DTM noted that it needed C++ 2008 and the program itself attempted to install, which did not work.

New Contributor

Also, I have searched the forums, and the Microsoft Help forums (for the errors from installing C+++). I've tried the steps suggested where I find them (similar in all cases to the ones you've suggested) and it didn't work. 

I'm assuming that it's a Microsoft issue, but I have a newer version of C++ (2010) installed. Is there a way to make the DTM use that instead of looking for 2008?

Thanks

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG191), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

seanatemail wrote:

DTM noted that it needed C++ 2008 and the program itself attempted to install, which did not work.

OK...this is an example of what I mean...I can tell nothing at all from those words...did it error out? Did it just ignore everything? Did it do something else? Remember, I can't see your PC...so you need to be my eyes and ears, and report with explicit details so that I can tell exactly what is going on without having to guess.

Also..to clarify further (from your post above this one that I quoted), unless you say otherwise, I'm assuming that you are doing every single thing that I posted...I'm not going to repeat the same things unless I see a reason. So, that means that I'd already assumed that you didn't have that particular issue.

Please continue with the other things from post 11.

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Hall of Famer III

seanatemail wrote:

I'm assuming that it's a Microsoft issue, but I have a newer version of C++ (2010) installed. Is there a way to make the DTM use that instead of looking for 2008?

Thanks

That's likely your root issue...as far as I understand, DTM requires what it requires. You'd have to ask the developers if they can make it use 2010 (assuming you can find a channel to even make such a request...those are rather hard to come by!). You likely need to remove 2010 and let it install 2008.

Good luck!

New Contributor

I can't follow the instructions in post 11 because I don't have MS Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable installed. That is what I cannot do. Running the DTM installer results in it trying to install C++, but then disappearing in the background and the DTM installer popping up to say that Installation Couldn't Be Completed because it needed C++ to be able to install.

I tried installing 2008 before I had 2010 installed, but the same error occurred.

Thanks for your help, I'll keep plugging away

Visitor
My Device: 9900 9700 8350
My Carrier: vodacom

In regards to everything on this topic

This is my delema and how I reached the conclusion.

I had my new blackberry 9900 for little over 5months, it worked perfectly (besides for the battery life going from 10 hours to 3hours on regular usage) and on friday the cellphone began to randomly reset itself  (by which i mean it switched of and went into the boot screen until loading completed and returned to the usual home screen) and the touch screen stopped functioning.

So i did research regarding this, and found out i must install the blackberry desktop manager.

and so i tried to.

once i had downloaded version 6 and version 5 of DTM i tried to install the latest one.

it started the installation but gave me an error, the same error posted here.

I found out from experts that Visual C++ 2008 does not work on window 7

Sincere conclusion: The developers should update their software installation package, until then, no solution is actually present.

And please correct tme if i am wrong, it will be highly appreciated

Hall of Famer III

[ Edited ]

Hi and Welcome to the Forums,

imnotbobbutcallmebob wrote:

I found out from experts that Visual C++ 2008 does not work on window 7

Sincere conclusion: The developers should update their software installation package, until then, no solution is actually present.

And please correct tme if i am wrong, it will be highly appreciated

Unfortunately, my own personal experience contradicts that conclusion:

• Dell E4510, 8GB RAM
  • Win7x64-Ultimate
  • MS Office 2010x86
  • MS Visual C++ 2005 (x64) as well as 2008 (x64 and x86)
    • 2005 was probably left behind from an older Desktop Software installation
  • RIM Desktop Software 6.1.0.36

All works fine. And I know for certain that I've recently done some remove/reinstallations of the RIM Desktop Software (for some testing purposes). So, my conclusion is that it does, from a generic standpoint, "work" on Win7 (at least in my configuration)...which then only leaves something specific about these unique circumstances being the challenge.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9930
My Carrier: Cell C

I wasted 117MB of data downloading this desktop manager only to find out it doesnt work.. Gives me the Error 1935. Come on Blackberry, I think you should reinburse me for the data that I lost Woman Frustrated

#poor service

#very unsatisfied customer