Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I cannot complete installation; Error 1935

Brand new Blackberry with a brand new CD that came with it so I could connect it to my computer.

I put in the CD, making sure the Blackberry is not connected [as it said in the manual but not in the install wizard] and began to install the 5.0 version of the Desktop Software.

Everything works fine and dandy up until the very end when it stalls and this error message appears:

Error 1935.An error occurred during the installation of assembly component {97F81AF1-0E47-DC99-A01F-C8B3B9A 1E18E}.
HRESULT: 0x80070422.

Now, I'm not a hardcore computer nut so this is jibberish to me.

If anyone here can provide any assistance at all, I would be grateful.

Thank you.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: I cannot complete installation; Error 1935

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Hmmm...that error (0x80070422) comes up only in a KB dealing with BES:

KB14246 "Failed to connect to server. Error: 0x80070422" error message is displayed in the Application Log on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server

Nevertheless, perhaps that will be useful.

Otherwise, try this process:

I suggest the following steps (insert plenty of reboots of your PC...not just restarts, but full power down reboots). Also, it is advised that you be logged into the PC on an account with full admin rights. Further, under Vista, use the "Run As Administrator" option for everything.

1) Remove your device OS update package from your PC (add/remove programs)

2) Cleanly uninstall the RIM DTM software:

• KB02206 How to perform a clean uninstall of BlackBerry Desktop Software

3) Get a fresh download of the RIM DTM software:

• Choose the version that is newest and (if applicable) compatible with your PIM (if you are synchornizing via USB):
  • KB12268 Applications supported by BlackBerry Desktop Manager for synchronization

4) Download (to your PC) a fresh copy of your device OS package from your carrier:

5) Install DTM to your PC

6) Install (also to your PC), the device OS package

7) Start the organizer configuration over:

• KB17022 How to configure organizer applications for synchronization using BlackBerry Desktop Manager

Hopefully that will get things going again.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

That's an aweful lot of work just to put a song or two on my Blackberry :/

So much for the open and go approach of the old days.

Thanks anyways.

Message Edited by Wolfenhart on 09-10-2009 05:11 PM
New Contributor

Are there any other possible solutions or should I ditch this paperweight and get a more user-friendly smartphone elsewhere? 8I
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Did you try what was already suggested? If so, what was the result? If not, then my prior recommendation stands...

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Playbook
My Carrier: N/A

I followed all of those steps to no avail. I believe the problem is that I can't install MS Visual C++ 2008 for some reason. Any suggestions?

Hall of Famer III

seanatemail wrote:

I followed all of those steps to no avail. I believe the problem is that I can't install MS Visual C++ 2008 for some reason. Any suggestions?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Can you perhaps be a bit more explicit? Stating "to no avail" leaves me to guess where, amongst the seven steps, things may have gone wrong for you. Did it give you any error message? If so, exactly where and exactly what was the message? Details help tremendously since, well, I have no way to see what you see on your systems.

Also, since that post is rather old (dated September of 2009), things have changed just a bit. You might also want to try a registry cleaner tool. And, if you are even more adventurous, after you've uninstalled but before re-installing things, you could run regedit and remove all registry keys that refer to Research In Motion. Further, you could dig through your hard drive to remove any traces of RIM things that may have been left behind. Sometimes these deeper things can help, other times perhaps not. But, actually, I'm most interested in exactly where in the process things go wrong for you and exactly what, if any, error messages are presented.

New Contributor

I've cleared the registry of all RIM related files, run a registry cleaner, installed successfully MS Visual C++ 2005 and 2010 (both x64) and restarted each time. I've tried installing C++ 2008 as part of the RIM DTM package and separately and have had no success. I have the newest OS for the Playbook, and have no cell carrier so step 5 doesn't apply, but I tried everything else.
Hall of Famer III

[ Edited ]

Step 5 does not apply? Are you sure about that? In looking back to that post, it's steps 1, 4, 6, and 7 that do not apply to your PlayBook-only situation. Am I misunderstanding you?

You also have failed to be explicit about exactly what you are doing and exactly what error messages you may be receiving (and exactly when in the process you are seeing them). Remember, all I have to go on is what you say here...I cannot see your PC...

Also, perhaps you could reveal some further datails? Your PC OS version (complete, including SP's). Confirmation of the exact version of the Desktop Software you are attempting to use. Etc.

Further, since that post is so old, here is some more recent information...maybe something there will be helpful...the same steps would be skipped in your situation.

I suggest the following steps (insert plenty of reboots of your PC...not just restarts, but full power down reboots). Also, it is advised that you be logged into the PC on an account with full admin rights. Further, under Vista/Win7, use the "Run As Administrator" option for everything.

Further, it has also been reported that when your user profile on windows (type 'echo %userprofile%' in the command prompt) contains spaces, then the installer will not work. In order to solve this issue, log out of your Windows account and log back in using the local Administrator account (or any other account name without spaces) and install the desktop (for all users).

1) Remove your device OS update package from your PC (add/remove programs)

2) Cleanly uninstall the RIM Desktop Software:

• KB02206 How to perform a clean uninstall of BlackBerry Desktop Software

• Some have reported that there are more registry keys to remove than are discussed in that KB...be sure to search your registry for any related to RIM

• Others have reported the use of a registry cleansing tool to also be helpful

• Still others have reported the use of your original PIM (e.g., Outlook, NOTES, etc.) installation CD, running the "repair" process, to be helpful in some situations

3) Get a fresh download of the RIM Desktop Software:

4) Download (to your PC) a fresh copy of your device OS package from your carrier:

5) Install the Desktop Software to your PC

6) Install (also to your PC), the device OS package

7) Start the organizer configuration over:

• KB17022 How to configure organizer applications for synchronization using BlackBerry Desktop Manager

• KB23681How to configure organizer data synchronization settings using BlackBerry Desktop Software 6.0

Hopefully that will get things going again.

New Contributor

I'm running 64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium. My computer is a Lenovo U460 with a i5 cpu M 480 @ 2.67 GHz. I've got 4 GB of RAM

The error message I get when attempting to install https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/contactFormPreload.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB06... (using "run as administrator") is "Blackberry Desktop Software requires that Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package is installed." - This is after noting that it isn't installed and attempting to install it.

I've also tried to install it seperately, both this version:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=29

And http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=15336

Trying both of those (again, run as administrator) gets this error:

"Error 1935.An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'MicrosoftVC90.ATL,version="9.0.21022.8",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",processorArchitecture="amd64",type="win32"'. Please refer to Help and Support for more information. HRESULT:0x8007370B"