Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: 8300
My Carrier: t-mobile

I cannot connect to my home Alien security DVR over the net with my BB via an application

I recently upgraded to a BB 8300 and since have not been able to connect to my Alien security DVR with my BB. I had no problems using a LG shine.

I have installed an application written specifically for a BB and the installation was successful.

Once I try to connect I get a message saying-

'The application AlienDFRinstaller has attempted to open a connection to a location inside the firewall and outside the firewall which is not allowed by your IT policy'

If I try to connect through web'n'walk I get the message-

'HTTP Error 504 Gateway timeout   The gateway timed out while waiting for a response from the server. Please try loading a different page. Contact your service provider if this problem persists.'

I have set the correct IP address, user name & password.

My provider have told me that it is Blackberry who have put a restriction on this. I have gone through their help pages and just keep going round in circles being asked the same questions again & again.

Has anyone out there got any ideas please??????

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9360
My Carrier: Bell

Re: I cannot connect to my home Alien security DVR over the net with my BB via an application

The IT policy being referred to there is the "Allowed Split-pipe connections" IT policy which is blocked by default for security reasons. You will need to talk to your IT admin and ask them if they can enable that for you.

Before doing that, I would question why an app like that needs to be able to make that type of connection. You should see if you can configure the app to use your BIS internet connection.

Re: I cannot connect to my home Alien security DVR over the net with my BB via an application

Thanks for your help and suggestions. I'm afraid I only understand the very basics of what this application is doing.

The supplier of the dvr & software have told me that many of the older phones will not connect to the dvr because of software conflicts etc.

In my case can you tell me who my IT admin is?!!!

If its a setting on the dvr, then I could do that myself.

Do you know why I dont have problems with my old phone?

New Contributor

I now have complete access to my Alien DVR.

For anyone who may have the same problems I came across here are the steps I took to correct the problem. Make sure you take a full backup first as you need to to a complete wipe.

I first had to remove the IT policy by following the instructions on this link-

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/Remove_IT_Policy

(The second method is the one that worked for me)

Next I found my carrier APN settings at-

http://modmyi.com/wiki/index.php/Carrier_APN_Settings#T-Mobile_5

These were entered in options/advanced options/TCP

Then if you remember to turn the radio back on after resetting the IT policy, you should have complete access to your DVR.