Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: T-Mobile Curve 8320

I cannot register my ICQ & AIM, and...

Hallo all,

I recently upgraded from a Blackberry 8700g to a Curve, which I must say I love the new features. However, I have been having trouble with 2 things.

The first is when I go to the Blackberry website to register my phone for the AIM and ICQ chat services. Yes, my phone has "Edge" in the upper right corner. I have also reboot my system and tried connecting my USB cable at various stages during the process. However, everytime I try to register, I get "an unspecified error has occurred" and I cannot register my phone. Any ideas?

Also, the time it takes for an email to send from this phone is insanely slow as compared to my old 8700g. Clocking the last email it was about 7 minutes. Is this normal? If it is text only, it is only about 2-3 minutes, at worst. When I attach a file or picture, it jumps up astronomically. I have checked my settings, and am stumped.

Any advice on these two issues would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: I cannot register my ICQ & AIM, and...

Are you capable of using AIM and ICQ in your previous device? Check this link http://www.blackberry.com/instantmessaging. AIM, ICQ and Yahoo is not open for all users. Yahoo followes a policy where it supports yahoo messenger access to some regions only. Same goes for AIM and ICQ. But there is a ruor that Blackberry is going to open it up...but no official communication till date.

Regarding the slowness of your device please let me know which version of device OS you're using now?

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit