Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9500

I cant see three peoples recent updates on BBM, but I can see everyone elses. Why is this?

[ Edited ]

I only have 25 contacts on my BBM list and I have set my options to, Show Recent Updates: 50

Now, nearly everyones updates will come up on time but there are about three people on my list whose status messages do not change and when I ask them what their status is, it is something different to what is showing up on my side..

When they have changed their display picture, it will come up in the recent updates folder but not when they change their status message.

I would have to take my battery out and put it back in for me to see their new status message.

It is quite annoying because two weeks ago it was only happening to one person on my contact list, and it has now increased to three.

I thought it was because the three people it has happened to are the three people I talk to the most on BBM so I thought deleting my history & clearing my event log would help but it has made no changes.

Has this happened to anyone before?

Any ideas on what to do?

Solutions: 6,376
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: I cant see three peoples recent updates on BBM, but I can see everyone elses. Why is this?

Personally, I wouldn't get overly anxious about BBM contacts status updates syncing timely, as over the past two weeks there have been known BBMessenger server delays and slowdowns.

Hoping it gets better soon...

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code