Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700
My Carrier: Telus

I cant upgrade my blackberry bold 9700 to 6 os helpp!!

i cant upgrade my phone to 6 os why

Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: I cant upgrade my blackberry bold 9700 to 6 os helpp!!

Hi Chino1993,

Can you please let us know who your carrier is and what specific OS version you are trying to upgrade to (e.g. OS. 6.0.0.???)?  In addition, let us know what, if any, error messages you have seen.  With that info, I'll see what may be the possible reasons so that we can best help you get set up and running.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor

my carrier is virgin mobile but i unlocked it and now its with telus mobility , os version is 5.0.0.862. im click on update my divice and theres no updates showing why?

Elite I

Hi Chino, give me a few minutes and I'll check all of the relevant information.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor

when i try to upgrade my phone blackberry desktop says this :

This BlackBerry® Device Software upgrade includes new features and significant enhancements to the BlackBerry® solution and, as such, is only available to users with an active BlackBerry subscription. To learn more about BlackBerry® service, please visit www.blackberry.com/service.

Elite I

[ Edited ]

Ok, I've figured out what the problem is.  The reason you can't upgrade using the BlackBerry Desktop Software is because your phone is still considered a Virgin Mobile phone, even if you're now using it on Telus, and unfortunately, the most recent OS for Virgin Mobile is 5.0.0.862.

Now then, if you want to upgrade to OS 6.0.0.461 which is available from Telus, you can do so by following these instructions.

1. Start by backing up your device, just to be safe in case anything happens during the upgrade process.  Then shut down the BlackBerry Desktop Software.

2. Download the OS from Telus' BlackBerry download site: https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/entry.do?code=02A32AD2669E6FE298E607FE7CC0E1A0

3. Install the OS to your computer.

4. On your computer, go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Research In Motion\Apploader (note, on 32-bit systems, just look for the regular Program Files folder (no x86)).

5. Delete the file named Vendor.xml.

6. In the same folder, open the file named Loader.exe.  You can then use this to load the OS to your phone.  Don't use the BlackBerry Desktop Software as this will create another version of the Vendor.xml file. 

After you've run the loader.exe file, you should be up and running with OS 6.  If your data does not restore, you can then go back into the BlackBerry Desktop Software at that point in time and restore your data using your previous backup.  You should then be set.  If you need any further help, let us know!

P.S.  If you still have troubles with the upgrade, try disconnecting your computer from the internet when you upgrade the OS.  That has worked for others in the past.

New Contributor

its still not working it when i try to upgrade it, it says ' No actions are required. '

New Contributor

hi now my phone screen is white and saysreload software: 507, this is very stressful can you please help me with this one thank you

Elite I

Hi Chino,

Sorry, have you managed to get it up and running?  If not, just try to reload the OS once again.  If you run it again, it should now work.  Smiley Happy

Visitor
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: GLO NG

Been trying to upgrade from 5.1.0.98 to 6.0.  Have deleted the vendor file from the common files. The error comes when the installation process is done and it tries to connect to the device ROM. The error comes saying that itcannot read the device. went to control panel on PC and ticked the option as suggested (USB). still in vain. Can you pls help