Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

I challenge any Moderator to solve this

I've search for a long time on this current problem. Shoot, I'm usually the guy who people ask about how they use their Blackberries, but I am stifled by this problem. The "Music" Player on Curves apparently do not allow users to organize music very well. The problem that I've had is I would only like to listen to one specific genre at a certain time, however, my SD card has music on it with a vast amount of genres. Even music that is considered to be the same genre at a music store have different named genres in my blackberry. You are not able to edit genres of an MP3 unless you have some sort of special program and besides you shouldn't have to get it just to organize music in the same genre. Also, there is no "Playlist" feature, making it impossible to even bundle up a certain group of songs. I don't want to have to type in a song's name just to listen to it after my current song ends. There should be a way to organize the music on your Curve to play designated songs as one genre or playlist.
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: I challenge any Moderator to solve this

Hi BadBoyFlip and Welcome to the forums!

I'm not a moderator, but I might be able to help. You have the options of creating playlists on the Curve. If you go to Media -Music you have the options for play lists genres etc. To create a playlist just press the playlist bar and at the top you will see [new playlist} just press it and it asks for the new playlist name. Once you have it named you press menu and the second option is add songs. From there you are taken to All songs and you can pick whichever you like. Also if you have one artist with multiple songs, you can display say four songs and menu key add all. I believe that as far as genre and album info you have to specify that. I use limewire and I update all the fields so they line up.

Let me know if this helps!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

BadboyFLIP wrote:
You are not able to edit genres of an MP3 unless you have some sort of special program and besides you shouldn't have to get it just to organize music in the same genre. Also, there is no "Playlist" feature, making it impossible to even bundle up a certain group of songs. I don't want to have to type in a song's name just to listen to it after my current song ends. There should be a way to organize the music on your Curve to play designated songs as one genre or playlist.

The Blackberry Curve has multimedia functionnalities but it is not a media manager. For editions (id3tags, playlists), you can use a desktop tool, like iTunes. Then use "Blackberry Media Sync" (it's free) to synchronize between your iTunes playlist and your blackberry playlists. I think that people who use Windows Media Player to sync the files do a simple file synchronization (the Blackberry is considered as a simple USB Portable MP3 player).

Please give a try to iTunes and give us a feedback as a power user ! (I am personally interested in your feedback, as I do not use iTunes yet).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor

I have a 8310, you said to go to Media-Music where I have the options for play lists genres but so far have been unsuccessful in finding the "playlist bar" or "new playlist" to select. When I go to my main screen with all the icons, I select the "Media" icon which appears as a film reel with a blue music note to the ride side on it. Once selected, I have 4 options to select from; Music, Videos, Ring Tones, and Pictures. When I select "Music", the following selections are shown: All Songs, Artists, Albums, Genres, Sample Songs, and Shuffle Songs. The only time I see a playlist is once I have selected a song to play, hit the BlackBerry 'Options' key and you can select 'Show Playlist'. Once there, it shows me every song in my media library. When I hit the 'Options' key when the playlist is visible, there is no option for 'new playlist'. Did I miss a step?
Guru I

To tell you the truth I don't remember if that option was there until I added a playlist. I'm pretty sure it was though. I have a 8330 curve from Verizon. I don't think you missed a step you read them in order until playlists. When you select a song and hit the options button do you have a category that says 'Add songs"?

Let me know!

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Contributor

Sorry, no option to "Add Songs"         = (
Forums Advisor III
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

Sorry badboyflip. I also have a 8310 and I don't see a way to make a playlist either. I use flipside. It is a $20 app but I got it free from a rep and you can create a playlist with it. If you have bot found a solution by the time I get home from work, I will do some research and see what I can come up with.
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
Guru I

There is a free trial version of Flipside that you can OTA to see if you like it.

FYI

Contributor

Frankly, I'd rather just make everything organized by genre and have my grenres basically organize my songs like a playlist. I would have tried the iTunes method suggested by a previous forum contributor but my songs are not in iTune format and I also haven't heard it being simple converting non-iTune mp3s to iTune mp4s. I'd like to try out that software that was mentioned flipside, but I don't know if the trial edition will give me everything I'll need to make a playlist and keep it on my 8310. Does the trial edition time out on you where you get to have it on your 8310 temporarily and after a few days does it expire?
Contributor

Also, I downloaded the trial version of Flipside however, all I got was a .cod and .axl file. Am I missing directions on something else I haven't done? Oh well, if someone figures out how the flipside program works please let me know.