Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: I challenge any Moderator to solve this

You can get your answers here:

http://electricpocket.com/flipside/

Hope this helps!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

[ Edited ]

bifocals is right : everything is explained on the download page on the flipside webpage. It is said you can download it:

• by giving them your email
  • by using your Blackberry browser
  • or by using the advanced users procedure. You chose that procedure, meaning you will have to do what is written right under : use Desktop Manager, which is a 200MB file you'll have to download and install. Then you'll be able to install the alx file on your Blackberry through the Desktop Manager.

The Desktop Manager can be downloaded on the blackberry.com website. I recommend downloading version 4.5.

Message Edited by Xandrex on 08-08-2008 12:32 AM

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Here is the best answer I have found. I haven't tried it yet, but am HOPING to god it works. Switching to a blackberry is no easy task!

Answer #1

Answer #2

good luck. let me know if it works!

My Device: 8310 Curve Titanium

bigdog8829 wrote:

Here is the best answer I have found. I haven't tried it yet, but am HOPING to god it works. Switching to a blackberry is no easy task!

Answer #1

Answer #2

good luck. let me know if it works!

Answer #2 works great.  At first my BB showed **No Songs** under the newly created playlist.  However, when I reset (take out the battery for a few seconds) the playlists showed the songs and worked perfectly.  

Catch on fire with enthusiasm and people will come from miles around to watch you burn.
-Found this in a fortune cookie
Guru I

And you didn't even need a moderator....just a BIGDAWG Smiley Happy

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Contributor

Who's the man? bigdog8829 is the man!!!!!!!!! So simple, yet so inconceivable that BlackBerry's "simple" MP3 player would be compatible with Windows Media Player format for a playlist. I have to give it up to bigdog8829 because I just went to "Answer 1" followed the instructions, and I was ready to go. Who's the man? bigdog8829 is the man!
Contributor

Also, thanks for everyone else who helped out with the brain storming. I know its not easy having all the right answers, but boy does it feel great when you know the right ones. Now if I could only figure out how to put a movie on there! Haha, I'm sure I'll get around to it. Thanks again everyone! :smileyvery-happy:
Guru I

BadBoy, please close the thread if you have your info, as the originator you are the only one that can close it.

Just use the options over the kudo star. This wasy other users can find resolutions faster.

Thanks!

Is there a way to IMPORT a .M3U playlist file with OS 4.5?

I use Media Monkey to sync music files to my AT&T Curve 8300. I have many playlists in Media Monkey where I'd like to copy the .M3U file to the Curve.

Ideas?
Contributor

Ah man, I just posted a long detailed description of the problems I have had with playlists, but I guess my authentication timed out.  ARGH

Summary:

BB 8330, Verizon, 4.5, all updates, 8GB, mass enabled, BB works fine other than playlists....

I have long old playlists I do not want to spend hours reinventing with Answers #1 or 2 above.  Seems silly for me to have to spend that amount of time when much more complicated things are easily forwarded to this great device.  Playlists were orig made on WMP 9, most recently 11, and have worked fine on other mp3/wma devices.

Using MediaMonkey the playlists sync over fine, or so it seems, but when i click on a playlist title on the device, the player itself opens up, and I get no music and no list of songs.  I can bring up the list of songs with 'show playlist' in the menu, but then clicking on a song there still gets no music started.

If I do create a playlist in MediaManager as suggested above, the playlist syncs over, but when I click on the playlist title the player immediately starts playing the first song, rather than showing me the list (contents of the playlist).  Isnt that missing a step?  

Perhaps it is my playlist encoding? Can I somehow re-save these same song lists in a way that makes sure the playlists are 'm3u' and even then (as asked by the poster above) where do I save them?  And will they be accessible for future syncs?

Thanks !