Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9330
My Carrier: Sprint

I delete my browser history but websites visited still show up in Search mode. Why?

How can the browser history really be deleted so nothing shows up when a search is being done?  When I follow the traditional steps to delete the browser history, it shows the history as being cleared, but any letter typed in Search mode will show any websites visited with that letter in the name...  So how do I really delete the browser history, so nothing shows up under search?  And yes, I know you can take the browser info off the search mode, but that doesn't clear the info.  If you put the browser back on search, it's all still there.

Retired
My Device: 9000, 9500
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: I delete my browser history but websites visited still show up in Search mode. Why?

Hello,

In this case i would recommend wiping the BlackBerry smartphone. To do this we would need to back up the BlackBerry smartphone http://bit.ly/aSediX

Once backed up please follow the link below to perform a security wipe of your BlackBerry smartphone.

Link: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB14058

Test the BlackBerry smartphone and proceed with a selective restore as outlined below.

Link: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10339

Thank you

-DrP

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Re: I delete my browser history but websites visited still show up in Search mode. Why?

Clearing History does not clear the 'back' button browser entries for me either on my Bold 9780. Neither does Browser, Options,  Clear Browsing Data. Is either of these methods supposed to clear the back button entries?

What I've had to do is go back, back, back, back.....back, back to the first site accessed and only then clear the history. This is a little annoying. (And wiping the device every copule of days isn't much of an option.)

Thanks for any assistance.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: curve 3g
My Carrier: orange

Re:

To delete you Browsing history, properly.  Go to browser - options - cache and clear all/Delete all..  this will delete everything, also in FB you can clear the cache by going to options in FB, the same with twitter.  On the home screen Hold ALT and press LG LG then options and cler log

Contributor

Don't wipe your phone!!!  its a pain in the back side re-installing everything back

Re: Re:

No it doesn't. Cache is one of the check boxes in the Clear Browsing Data menu under Options. No effect.

Contributor

Yes it does!  in browser - select Cache Operations, then clear or delete it al (Conent Cach - Pushed Content - Cookie Cache) then press escape.  Then go back into your browser and next to www. start typing the web address, if no web addresses start poping up,while your typing, its cleared.

I don't have or at least can't find that option. The closest I have is in Options, Clear Browsing Data. After clearing all those items the back arrow button on my Bold still has a number of cached web locations before I can work my way back to the root (home page).

Thanks everyone for trying.

Contributor

I'm running OS 5v on my Curve 9300 3G.  I'll nupdate it to OS 6v and have a look

My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Telus

Have you tried using Memory Cleaner? That worked for me.