Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: I delete my browser history but websites visited still show up in Search mode. Why?

hello,  is that a app i can get or built in the device?  I am also having the search problem as it still 'see's' the browser history.

i don't want to have to do reinstalls etc

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: I delete my browser history but websites visited still show up in Search mode. Why?

an amazing quick fix...  removing the battery deletes all this!

I have the Quickpull app which reboots during the night for me, but it required a full shutdown to clear the history

My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

I may be late but this might help others. What you have to clear is not only the cache, but also the cookies. I've done it many times, and it always works. Just go to browser - options ans scroll down, and check both the cache and cookies box.
Forums Advisor I
My Device: BlackBerry®PRIV
My Carrier: EE. UK

DO NOT WIPE THE PHONE. in the browser, options scroll down to, clear browsing data, make sure all the boxes are tickedand select Clear Now. I always clear my history this way. Also in the home screen, hold ALT and press LG LG then options clear log, this will make your phone run smoother. Good luck
Craig Ashcroft Elite UK
If this post helps you please click the LIKE below the post(s)
My Device: blackberry torch 9800
My Carrier: blackberry

Clear Blackerry hisotry permanently

You can Clear web history from Blackberry. login your email account through a PC. select "Manage Web History" on your right top corner of your screen. click "Remove all history" it will clear all your history from your blackberry phone.

Good Luck !

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: torch 9800
My Carrier: sani

@craigashy thank U̶̲̥̅̊.... It worked for me
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 9330
My Carrier: Sprint

Re: Re:

The solution to your situation is really easy.  Just quit your browser after clearing it.  Then reopen and check it.  Not only should the memory be cleared, but no longer will you be able to press the back button to go back to the last webpage.  Try it.

My problem is something different.  The visited webpages are still somehow stored under "Search", even after the memory has been cleared, so that if I just start typing some letters, any webpages that contained headers with those letters still pop up.  I still don't know how to get them really deleted so they don't show up in searches.

My Device: Bold 9700 v6.0,0++
My Carrier: AT&T

[ Edited ]

@craigashy   Doesn't work for me. Tried again several times. Still have over 100 pages listed in search. Pulling battery works every time.