Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Sprint

I delete on computer, but it won't delete on handheld

Hi. When I delete a Contact on my computer using Oultook Contacts. and then try to sync with my handheld using BB Desktop Software 7.0, it won't delete on my handheld. The sync appears to be working properly and if I add a new Contact in Outlook, it will add it properly to my handheld. However if I delete a Contact in Oultook it will NOT delete it on my handheld. I've tried doing both a 1-way sync from Computer to Device, and a 2-way sync. Neither works.

The only way I've been able to work-around this is by checking "replace all data on target location". However that really isn't ideal because I have multiple Outlook accounts and profiles set up. So I have to sync each account one by one anyway. If I do the "replace all data" option, it deletes all of the Contacts in my other accounts and I have to re-sync everything.

Can you please help?? Thank you.

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: I delete on computer, but it won't delete on handheld

Hi hcs_19,

It sounds like there may be an issue with the Address Book database on your BlackBerry® Curve™ 8530 smartphone that could be causing the contacts to remain there after the synchronization would have removed them. To resolve this issue, please try to clear the Address Book database and then synchronize one way again to repopulate the Address Book on your BlackBerry® Curve™ 8530 smartphone before testing again. This KB article provides the steps to clear your Address Book database. "How to clear the user content databases from the BlackBerry smartphone" http://bbry.lv/JtQKcw

Hope this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!