Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

My Device: Not Specified

I downloaded Blackberry App World on my Tour but I can't...

I downloaded Blackberry App World on my Tour but I can't find the icon. It is not in any folders or downloads. Where might it be? Thank you.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: I downloaded Blackberry App World on my Tour but I can't...

HI there!

Typically, AppWorld goes to the Downloads folder...but in some OS levels you control where it goes. So you must search all folders as well as be sure to unhide your hidden icons. If you still cannot find it, then check here:

• Homescreen > Options > (skip this if OS 5.0) Advanced Options > Applications

See if AppWorld is listed as being installed. If so and you still cannot find it, then I suggest starting over:

In addition, you can try this sequence:

1) Remove AppWorld from your BB (Homescreen > Options > Advanced Options > Applications) -- if it requests that you reboot the BB, do so.

2) Do a proper Batt-Pull reboot (power ON, remove battery, wait, insert battery, boot)

3) Get a new link and install a fresh copy of AppWorld

• Again, if it requests to reboot, do so.

4) Do another Batt-Pull reboot

5) See if it now works.

If none of that works, then please return to these forums
(http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/) and register an account so that we can provide you with direct assistance.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................