Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I give up on Media Manager; what is an alternative?

Media Manager won't recognize my BB 8130. I've talked to Sprint, posted on several forums and even tried to talk to RIM. No one seems able to help. Therefore, I give up on Media Manager and am now looking for alternatives. Right now I am using Windows Media Player. Any thoughts on other alternatives?

Contributor

Re: I give up on Media Manager; what is an alternative?

Good luck. We're in crackberry purgatory.  I've been having the same problem and its like we're not even here. No replies to posts, nothing. Seems like everyones afraid to admit that the device won't do some of what it says it can or we're so dumb no one will acknowledge our existence.  Do we really have to be .edu or .tec guy to figure this crap out?

I am actually having some luck with Media manager but had to delete the 4.2.5 or what ever the latest version is and reload 4.2.1 (actually built by blackberry and does not include Roxio).  Once I did that media manager worked fine..... in that now I could at least sync cd's and pics.  Still can not sync itunes songs or wma songs from walmart, etc.  Windows Media player won't even recognize the crackberry when its hooked up via usb.  strange indeed.

From what I've been able to read and search we have to either trust community built beta software like Media Converter, (which I tried and it seemed to work until you only got 1.2 seconds of song) Super, etc. or shell out $35 for Danuisoft or tuneclone.  eh, not going to do it, wouldn't be prudent. The device should do what it says it can do without the extra bs.

Let me know if you come up with any solutions.

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Since July 24h, you can sync with itunes using Blackberry Media Sync. You can download it for free on the website :
http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices/features/media/mediasync.jsp

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

i can't get my media manager to recognize my 8130 either----very frustrating---and the new media sync has the SAME issue!!!!!!!
Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

HI,

I use the drag and drop method using the windows My Computer. Much cleaner and faster, with no bulky interface.

The media card comes up as a removable drive.

Thanks!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter