Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: I have a Curve 8330 (Sprint). Can I send/rec SMS/Text Msgs or send/rec e-mails during a call?

Yeah, true.

Have you since found a way to send and receive SMS text and/or BB Messenger messages or notifications while on the phone?

Contributor

Re: I have a Curve 8330 (Sprint). Can I send/rec SMS/Text Msgs or send/rec e-mails during a call?

Unfortunately no.  The SMS/Text Msgs works off & on during a call.  Can't send/rec e-mails during a call ever.
New Contributor

Man, that's a bummer...

Oh well. Hopefully BB will come up with a fix for this....  Hopefully there will be some improvements in this area with the new 4.5 OS.

Thanks for the quick response and advice to my post!

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8330

This problem is not solved. I have called Sprint at least 4 times in the past three months and they are unable to provide a concrete solution to the problem.

If you have this problem, PLEASE contact Sprint and let them know. They can only do something when a group of people are having the issue.

My time is limited so I send an email through their site versus sitting on the phone. If we all keep notifying them of this problem, they will HAVE to address it.

Not sure if this helps any but I just got my new BB Phone two days ago, and I can't receive sms from Verizon alltel or that, I can from sprint though now. I have to call them today and let them know if what they did worked, but I used to be able to receive sms and then poof now I can't. I'm trying the remove battery for 1 min and then reboot the device to see if that works. Like I said I can send, but not receive. Not sure if this is in any relation to your problem. -- I know most carriers won't allow data transactions while on voice.