Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Re: I have an error on "BlackBerry Protect" with my BlackBerry ID

Make sure you time zone one your phone is correct or use your network time ! I have found with the blackberrys if your time zone is wrong most of your applications that use time and dates on it don't work ! Let me know
Kind regards
Me
Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Telus

[ Edited ]

pat839 wrote:
...and have installed the application BlackBerry Protect in it. All went well, until I had to verify my BlackBerry login info on it. I kept typing the correct information, but it keeps giving me an error saying "The BlackBerry ID service is temporarily unavailable."  I then recieve a message saying, "Invalid BlackBerry ID" "The BlackBerry ID email address or password that you provided is not valid."

This is word for word the issue I am having.

I can log in to Blackberry Protect on the website, it says "There is no device associated with your account."

*edit*

I forgot to say that I have no problems logging into BB AppWorld.

I have uninstalled, rebooted, re-installed... same results.

I have a BB Torch 9800

os 6.0

Telus network

Canada

Retired
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: rogers

Are you trying to open the BlackBerry Protect application on your device and seeing this error or are you trying to log into the BlackBerry Protect website using your computer?

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780

[ Edited ]

I believe that he is stating, if I'm sure, that when he opens the BlackBerry Protect application it has an error, but when he tries to log onto the BlackBerry Protect website, he has no error at all, and on the website it says "There is no device associated with your account." Just like mine.

Retired
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: rogers

Have you tried uninstalling BlackBerry Protect, then rebooting your device. Once your device is backup and running, go to:  www.blackberry.com/protect to download/install BlackBerry Protect then test.

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780

I have just tried this, thanks for the suggestion. But once again after I install + run the application, my BlackBerry is stuck on the loading screen of "Verifying BlackBerry ID..." stage.

Contributor

ok folks, here's where I stand now.

I was informed by the TELUS tech team that in order for BB Protect to work properly, you have to be connected to a data plan. BB Social and BB Email & IM plans will not work with BB Protect. Even though you can use Wi-Fi to create backups, the app will not connect/function over Wi-Fi. (I believe the Tech I spoke to mentioned email relays or something like that, that only work with a data plan.)

I upgraded my plan to include a data package, and I logged back in to the BB protect App on my Device and its went through the registration process without a hitch!

Then when I logged in to the BB Protect website, logged in and was able to use the functions of the website (locate device, make device ring)

So to those of you having registration issues, make sure you have a DATA PLAN.

Both me and my fiancee have our BB setup on BB Protect. I have a Torch, she has a Bold.

Both work with no problems.

So for me, it appears that my problem was that RIM does not mention on the app description that A FULL DATA PLAN IS REQUIRED. If this was mentioned in the app description, it would have avoided hours of tech support phone calls until I hit a tech rep who was familiar with the problem and who explained to me what was happening, and why it was happening without having to go throught the typical troubleshooting guide that they have ( and that we pretty much all know by now too).

My suggestion to RIM; Please update the app description to include the information that this app requires a DATA PLAN. It will avoid many headaches!

I hope this helps those that have similar registration/connection problems.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Rogers

I've downloaded Blackberry Protect - first to a Bold, then to a brand new Torch - and get the same message that my Data Plan doesn't support the application and that I need to contact my service provider.

After several hours with 4 different departments at Rogers, no one is able to help and claim that only RIM can fix the problem. RIM now claims only Rogers can help.

The application works on my husband's Torch and seems fine on mine when I first install and go through the set-up steps. It even appears to "work" for a split second before sending the error message.

Rogers has tried deleting and reinstalling my data plan to no avail.

New Contributor
My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Rogers

Its weird because I have the exact issue you're talking about - but have a 1GB Data Plan.

Rogers checked, double checked, then DELETED it and readded to my account to make sure.

Still won't work...

This has now happened on a Bold and a Torch on my account.

Contributor

hmmm .. that's no fun!

for me, as soon as the data plan was confirmed by the Telus agent, I was able to connect and register.

are you connected to a BES at all? has the phone ever been connected to a BES?

I know I can't connect my buisness BB because it's on a BES...