Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Sprint

I have duplicate email accounts icons, NOT recieving duplicate emails just two of the same email icons

I had a blackberry curve 8310 with ATT.  I transferred carriers and got a new bold 9650 with sprint.   I transferred data from old curve to new bold.   But the old email didn't work on new bold.   So I went to set up BIS with sprint, it added email account that works.  But now I have two icons with the same email address.  One works and one doesn't so it is confusing when I am selecting address to compose email.   How do I delete email icon/account.  I hid the icons but when composing email, it still shows two of the same email in the From:

???

My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: I have duplicate email accounts icons, NOT recieving duplicate emails just two of the same email icons

Me, too - I added my work email account and somehow added my home email again.  I was already getting my home emails on my phone, and now I have 2 icons for them.  I've been trying to figure out how to delete one without disabling the ability to receive my home emails on my phone AND keep getting work emails as well -

New Contributor

Re: I have duplicate email accounts icons, NOT recieving duplicate emails just two of the same email icons

I am surprised after 126 reads, no one still has an answer.   Does anyone have a suggestion of who I can go to for this answer?  Does blackberry have a tech support I can call? 

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9650

I ran into the same problem.  I haven't tried a solution but I know you can hide an icon.  Maybe that might not be the fix, but it might just work for what you need.

Contributor
My Carrier: Verizon

Hi,

You might try resending your service books, and maybe it might clear things up for you.  If you are running OS 6, go to Setup>Email Accounts and press the Menu key.  Select Service Books and then select Send Service Books.  If you are running OS 5, go to Settings>Email Settings.  Press the Menu key and select service books and resend service books.  If that does not clear up the extra email account icon, you may have to go back into the email settings and delete the email account (accounts if it appears twice) and then set the email account back up from scratch.  Hope this helps.

Doc

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: True Move

I have had the same prob with gmail both on OS5 and now on OS6 and nothing helps, sorry.

On OS6 it is even worse because I get a popup with the email settings every 10 minutes as described in this thread:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Bold-Series/Frustrating-Email-Settings-popup-bug-a...

Would be interesting if any of the people with double gmail account probs also have the same prob with the opoup that I have described in the other thread.

Setebos