Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: AT&T
Accepted Solution

I love my Torch but I have a real problem ...

It's far more intelligent than I am.  I've had it perhaps 4 months but used it strictly for calls and texts until recently.  I was like, I'm paying for lots of toys, I may as well start digging into my Torch, right?  I'm brave -- I leap right into all the latest electronic toys, etc.

But I'm not so smart after all.  I loaded the Maps or Maps and Trips -- basically a GPS app -- right from my BlackBerry and too late I discovered if I don't cancel soon it's going to cost me $9.99 per month.  I don't need it, really but I have NO clue how to cancel.  I mean, I have OnStar, I have a GPS, I seriously don't need this and it's $9.99 bill.

So that's what I get for "showing off" -- duh!  Can anyone help?

Many thanks!!

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Torch 9800
My Carrier: ATT

Re: I love my Torch but I have a real problem ...

Try to see if you there's a support number in the application itself. If so, call them up and cancell your service. If you want a nice GPS application, download Blackberry Traffic from BB app world. awesome app.
New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800

YOU ROCK! Thank you for the information. I was beginning to get a little bit panicky about it.

Kindest regards,
Samantha~
Highlighted
Forums Veteran I
My Device: BlackBerry 9900

[ Edited ]

You could also just uninstall what I'm assuming is AT&T Navigator from your device.  They will know what you aren't using it at that point and you won't be charged after the initial 30 day trial period.

BlackBerry Traffic is free as the TRIPPIN has pointed out.  I also like an application called Poynt which is a neat little utility you can integrate with BlackBerry Maps or Google Maps to help you find local restaurants, movies, people, etc.  Check it out.  It's free, too!  Smiley Happy

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*** If I've been helpful please consider clicking the LIKE BUTTON beneath my post.
*** Please remember to mark your thread as "Resolved" by clicking on OPTIONS to the right of the post and selecting "Accepted Solution."