Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® OS Smartphones

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Orange

I'm new to Blackberry and I can't download the App World

Hi all.

I got my new curve 8520 two days ago, and I've been trying to download the app world and it's not been successful.

I can still use the internet to browse, I can use the facebook/twitter/myspace apps but I just can't get to the app world.

Can anyone help me out please?

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: ATT

Re: I'm new to Blackberry and I can't download the App World

I am having the same problem I got this phone less than a month ago:

Curve 8520 v4.6.1.314

I downloaded app world and used it and it worked fine. Today I had an icon saying there is an update, so I updated and it said error and uninstalled app world, I keep going to www.blackberry.com/appworld and reinstalling and nothing happens it returns to the same window.

Please help!

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Orange

Can no body help?? Smiley Sad

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Please check this page to ensure you meet the minimum requirements (including if it is available in your country):

If it is available in your country and you feel you meet the device-level system requirements, then contact your carrier to ensure that you meet the service plan (from them) requirements for access (via their network) to AppWorld.

Lastly, do be aware that AppWorld is merely a portal, vending apps developed mainly by others. As such, it is not your exclusive procurement source -- there are others that you can try (e.g., Handango, Handmark, BPlay, GetJAR or Mobihand). I have found that there are very few apps that are exclusive to AppWorld. You can search the on-line catalog and then search out other procurement sources, including quite often the developer website itself.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
My Carrier: AT & T

[ Edited ]

Hello ..I am also new user to blackberry ...i want all information about how i can download themes,songs,wallpaper for my new blackberry ..i want also some skins...please suggest me..

blackberry curve skins